Buffalo

Mach_9

I can't get the game, but the fans on the Sabres forums are all saying we're playing horribly. I guess it was bound to happen eventually anyways.

Yeah, I don't get the game either. I am having to keep track of just the score and the stats on cbssportsline.com.

Wow, nice comeback at the end of the third.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I don't get the game either. I am having to keep track of just the score and the stats on cbssportsline.com.

Wow, nice comeback at the end of the third.

Holy Mother ...

Down 4-1 with about 9 minutes in regulation. Tied 4-1 with 1.5 minutes in regulation. Afinogenov twice, from Vanek and Roy each time and Kotalik for the tie. More importantly 2 goals in the last 2.5, with Afinogenov and Kotalik scoring 55 seconds apart.

Very nice comeback by the Sabres tonight. Down 4-1 to tie it up in the third. Then to win it in the shootout.

Intense finish. 11-0-1 with a point in every game. I love it.

8 Goals 11 Assists for Afinogenov, great start to the season. Looks like he is trying to shed that image of being a great player who had all the skills in the world, but just couldn't finish.

8 Goals 11 Assists for Afinogenov, great start to the season. Looks like he is trying to shed that image of being a great player who had all the skills in the world, but just couldn't finish.

Yeah, not only has he been finishing - he's been finishing big. Tremendous tallies tonight, as we've seen in other games for him as well. Roy and Vanek continue to look great on a line with him.

Yeah, not only has he been finishing - he's been finishing big. Tremendous tallies tonight, as we've seen in other games for him as well. Roy and Vanek continue to look great on a line with him.

Without a doubt. I really like how well that line has come together.

Well it is disappointing but it had to happen eventually. The Sabres suffered their first regulation loss of the year and I read Maxim had to leave the game with an injury, hope it isn't serious. That just leaves Anaheim as the only team without a regulation loss on the season.

Looks like you got to see a good game Mach. Glad to see them rebound after their first regulation loss.

What a game...

Sabres opened up fast with a goal (I was in section 130, which is nice and close and basically on the corner of the rink) which I got a great view of. They then blew their own toes off with about 8 straight penalties, ending the first and into the second, including two 5 on 3's. Jagr basically single-handedly capitlized on these with a goal and two assists. Finally the Sabres stopped taking penalties and got their first PP of the game and Briere scored. A little later I got to see my personal favorite, Pominville, score on a beautiful pass from Briere. OT comes around and Danny Briere rockets one past Weekes. 3/4 Sabres goals, including Pominville's and the OT winner were scored on the end I was sitting at, which was great. The section I was in was easily 75% Sabres fans and we made the Rangers fans around us unhappy, owing to the fact that one section of Buffalo fans was louder than the entire rest of the Garden. I literally jumped out of my seat and hugged a stranger in a Sabres jersey when we scored the OT winner. Fun game. Met some cool young Sabres fans. Good to see them get the W.

What a game...

Sabres opened up fast with a goal (I was in section 130, which is nice and close and basically on the corner of the rink) which I got a great view of. They then blew their own toes off with about 8 straight penalties, ending the first and into the second, including two 5 on 3's. Jagr basically single-handedly capitlized on these with a goal and two assists. Finally the Sabres stopped taking penalties and got their first PP of the game and Briere scored. A little later I got to see my personal favorite, Pominville, score on a beautiful pass from Briere. OT comes around and Danny Briere rockets one past Weekes. 3/4 Sabres goals, including Pominville's and the OT winner were scored on the end I was sitting at, which was great. The section I was in was easily 75% Sabres fans and we made the Rangers fans around us unhappy, owing to the fact that one section of Buffalo fans was louder than the entire rest of the Garden. I literally jumped out of my seat and hugged a stranger in a Sabres jersey when we scored the OT winner. Fun game. Met some cool young Sabres fans. Good to see them get the W.

Glad to hear you had a good time. I would love to be able to attend an NHL game, but according to online maps the closest team to me is Vancouver and that is about 675 miles away. Need to just get stationed at Luke AFB and go to Coyotes games.

Glad to hear you had a good time. I would love to be able to attend an NHL game, but according to online maps the closest team to me is Vancouver and that is about 675 miles away. Need to just get stationed at Luke AFB and go to Coyotes games.

I'm considering driving to a Habs Game in February with an old friend. I wouldn't look forward to the drive, but he really seems to want to go and it would probably be fun. Tonights game was great. People starting leaving when it was 3-3 with 4 minutes left. I didn't understand that...

buffalo is going to get whacked around tomorrow!!!!

yea i wish. dont score more then 4 goals please?

Can't promise anything, but would less than the 9-1 beating make you happy?

Can't promise anything, but would less than the 9-1 beating make you happy?

Actually, I'd like to see Forsberg traded, so I'm hoping for another big victory. Whispers around the internet have John Muckler seeming pretty interested in bringing Forsberg to Ottawa and I can't say that the idea isn't intriguing...

word around here is that philadelphia has no intention of trading him and infact is making strides to sign him until retirement. forsberg also wants to sign long-term. why would they make him captain only have him leave the next season? richards is the next captain of this team and it would be too soon if it was next season.

8-2 would be nice, lol

word around here is that philadelphia has no intention of trading him and infact is making strides to sign him until retirement. forsberg also wants to sign long-term. why would they make him captain only have him leave the next season? richards is the next captain of this team and it would be too soon if it was next season.

8-2 would be nice, lol

I understand the logic, but Forsberg doesn't take kindly to losing (I've been following Forsberg since he was in Sweden) and while he's not the type to jump ship either, knowing his career isn't going to be a whole lot longer and seeing the troubles Philly is going through right now, he is the type to decide he wants one more cup. Don't get me wrong - I have nothing wrong with Foppa in a Flyers jersey, but while I'm a Forsberg fan - the only team I cheer for is the Sabres. I wouldn't mind seeing him somewhere with some more exciting guys around him and competing for the Cup again. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Forsberg head to Anaheim for guys like Gretzlaf, Penner, Mitera, and even Bryzgalov. That's all just me talking out of my rear - I know it isn't about to happen, I'm just expressing a general idea. And I'd never start a rumor about Forsberg wanting to be moved, it's only what I've heard elsewhere on the web.

Meanwhile - Buffalo in OT!

To keep on topic and all, you know.

Meanwhile - Buffalo in OT!

To keep on topic and all, you know.

The first period and a half was ugly with a combined 13 shots between the two teams. Though the end result was always something I am glad to see.

if we win tonight they'll be playing that "waking a sleeping giant" scene from pearl harbor on the jumbotron.

so how about starting marty in net and making drury, briere, and finny healthy scratches? they could use a break! they told me so!

if we win tonight they'll be playing that "waking a sleeping giant" scene from pearl harbor on the jumbotron.

so how about starting marty in net and making drury, briere, and finny healthy scratches? they could use a break! they told me so!

Well you get your wish with Marty in net as Miller has a minor injury. Finny is still out with his injury too. The rest, can't and don't want to help you with.

Unfortunately Biron is undefeated in his last 7 starts, (also went undefeated through the preseason, for what it's worth) and despite not playing a great game last night, has been pretty solid. Finny's still gonn be out, along with Tally, but otherwise you'll have to deal with the rest of the club. I think Paille or Stafford is staying up for this game. Peters will probably play though, so it will only be one of them.

Unfortunately Biron is undefeated in his last 7 starts, (also went undefeated through the preseason, for what it's worth) and despite not playing a great game last night, has been pretty solid. Finny's still gonn be out, along with Tally, but otherwise you'll have to deal with the rest of the club. I think Paille or Stafford is staying up for this game. Peters will probably play though, so it will only be one of them.

Come on Mach, you gotta at least pretend to give the Philly fan a little hope.

Come on Mach, you gotta at least pretend to give the Philly fan a little hope.

Nah. I mean, like I said, I've been following Forsberg forever, and it pains me to see him get crushed, but Buffalo's played some really close games lately... too close. I'd like to be nice and let the Flyers hold some hope, but my team comes first and Buffalo needs a momentum boost.

haha buffalo needs a momemtum boost... funny.

kidding ofcourse. i'd like to see the flyers win this one before going on the road and playing some good western teams. im not one to rub stuff in, so if we do come out on top i will see it as pure luck, with an ugly yet lucky bounce to untie a game with 5 seconds left in regulation. something like this. the flyers will never outright beat this buffalo team once this season.

so its nice to hear that not all your guns will have ammo, but barring the second coming of jesus this should tilt buffalo's way.