Buffalo

Mach_9

Monsters! and Finny dominates again.

I was just going to add, Afinogenov with another beastly game. I love being a fan of this team right now.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7-0 to start the season. If only I could watch more games than what is on OLN. Maybe I should see if I can talk the wife into letting me get Center Ice.

7-0 to start the season. If only I could watch more games than what is on OLN. Maybe I should see if I can talk the wife into letting me get Center Ice.

Haha... I've had that conversation a few times. No success. I don't know how many episodes of project runway I had to sit through, but can I just get some hockey games? Nope. VS and MSG are all the options I have, and the coverage is only decent, with just a few games a week.

Haha... I've had that conversation a few times. No success. I don't know how many episodes of project runway I had to sit through, but can I just get some hockey games? Nope. VS and MSG are all the options I have, and the coverage is only decent, with just a few games a week.

Yeah, I am pretty sure I am gonna lose that conversation and just have to stick with VS and Colorado Avalanche games.

Yeah, I am pretty sure I am gonna lose that conversation and just have to stick with VS and Colorado Avalanche games.

VS is ok. I wish they covered more games. Considering the NHL is the only major sport they really cover, I get annoyed when there are games on that I could be watching (not even games I have an interest in - just any game) and I turn on VS to find Hunting instead. If they picked up a game a night, I'd be perfectly content. I love to watch my team, but I'm almost equally content just to watch a hockey game. Unfortunately, I've only been able to catch about 5 or 6 so far this season with the TV coverage here.

VS is ok. I wish they covered more games. Considering the NHL is the only major sport they really cover, I get annoyed when there are games on that I could be watching (not even games I have an interest in - just any game) and I turn on VS to find Hunting instead. If they picked up a game a night, I'd be perfectly content. I love to watch my team, but I'm almost equally content just to watch a hockey game. Unfortunately, I've only been able to catch about 5 or 6 so far this season with the TV coverage here.

I saw quite a few when Center Ice had it's free preview but have not seen a game since that first week of the season. Especially since I just found out that the Avs changed their Regional network this season and I can't even get those games anymore, so all I have is VS and later this season when NBC starts up their portion of the schedule.

Got the Leafs game on MSG tonight against the Rangers. VS has boxing...

If anyone's watching this game though, how about the wicked backhand by Ponikarovsky on that breakaway? That was a beauty of a shot.

We were joking while watching the Sabres/Flyers game - we had speculated that Ken Hitchcock was going to be forced by his players to suit up and play goalie!! Then it was said (LOL LOL) that Bernie Parent was called to lace up the pads but being that he's in a retirement home, they wouldn't let him out past 7:00pm. HAH HAH. This mentality is partially due to the honest beating the Sabres had to endure while Philly skated on our home ice with the Stanley Cup back in the early 1970's. The other factor for our lambasting the Flyers is a reply to the trash talking that the fans of the Flyers were spouting last year (yeah, sore losers because the Sabres literally skated circles around then en route to beating the snot out of the lowly Flyers). Payback, payback, payback. Remember this was started from an HONEST beating...

the Dallas (Farts) oops...I mean Stars (ahem) are gonna get theirs!!!!!!!

By the way, anyone who may or may not have noticed, during the Sabres - Flyers beating the other day, the TELEVISION CAMERA WAS NOT EVEN ABLE TO KEEP UP WITH THE SPEED OF THE SABRES!!!!!!!

Got the Leafs game on MSG tonight against the Rangers. VS has boxing...

If anyone's watching this game though, how about the wicked backhand by Ponikarovsky on that breakaway? That was a beauty of a shot.

ANYONE who wants to hear some TRULY exciting hockey, you MUST listen to the broadcast by Rick Janerette. The man is OFF THE HOOK!!! I am quite surprised that the man has not busted any major arteries. Also, he is a hometown boy who makes no bones about getting revved up for his team - he has not an ounce of "neutral announcer" to his character. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Everyone loves RJ, but as much as I want to follow every Sabres game, I'd rather watch whaever game is on TV and just keep checking the Sabres score online, than listen to a radio broadcast. I know RJ is great, but I love the sport too much to just sit and listen when I could be watching, even if it's difference between listening to a game I care about and watching one that I don't.

Glad to see yet another fellow Sabres fan showing up on the boards.

Everyone loves RJ, but as much as I want to follow every Sabres game, I'd rather watch whaever game is on TV and just keep checking the Sabres score online, than listen to a radio broadcast. I know RJ is great, but I love the sport too much to just sit and listen when I could be watching, even if it's difference between listening to a game I care about and watching one that I don't.

Glad to see yet another fellow Sabres fan showing up on the boards.

RJ is both on radio and tv. Although strange enough there is a few second delay... never was like that "back in the day" when we'd have RJ on the radio and someone else on the tube. We'd turn off the tv sound and listen to RJ on radio and they were in perfect time but now....

I don't know how it's set up with internet streaming though.

Thanks for the welcoming words. I'm glad to be a part of this here place!!

Yes. Unfortunately I can't get RJ on the TV so I have to make due with what I can. Anyhow - don't mention it. Everyone should be made to feel welcome here. We've got a nice little community going with a lot of good fans and good conversations. Glad to see it continuing to grow.

The game is on VS tonight and sadly I won't be able to watch it. Working the 3-11 shift this week. Go back to my normal hours (if you can call 11-7 normal) and I will be able to get back to watching the games.

The game is on VS tonight and sadly I won't be able to watch it. Working the 3-11 shift this week. Go back to my normal hours (if you can call 11-7 normal) and I will be able to get back to watching the games.

I'll be watching tonight. Wolf is going... lucky. The tension is mounting. I'm getting nervous about our win streak...

I'm sorry Wolf...

9-0-0. B)

This is a dream team.

I like the Sabres new unis. Does anyone else?

I don't think their start this season is any surprise. They were one of the best teams last year and came within a rat's Arse of making the finals. They have a solid team with good coaching. They have a hot goaltender too. That always helps.

-Brian

I like the Sabres new unis. Does anyone else?

I don't think their start this season is any surprise. They were one of the best teams last year and came within a rat's Arse of making the finals. They have a solid team with good coaching. They have a hot goaltender too. That always helps.

-Brian

Yeah, I love the new uni's, but am opposed to the logo. The Sabres would have made the finals last year if they hadn't had one of the worst runs of bad luck imaginable (4/6 D-men, 5/18 starters out?). I think the start this season is surprising though - not that we're doing well, just that we're one game from the NHL record for best start.

There's a lot of Sabres fans here...

I'm sorry Wolf...

9-0-0. B)

This is a dream team.

4-1, looks like it was a good game (from a Sabres perspective). 9-0 to start, gotta love it.

4-1, looks like it was a good game (from a Sabres perspective). 9-0 to start, gotta love it.

It was pretty tight until Drury scored a shorthander about half way through the second. It was a hell of a shot, and a good play on Drury's part. It stayed 2-0 for a while after that. Briere hit Pominville later for another, but the last goal was an empty netter. Until the Sabres put the fourth one in, I was nervous. Montreal put on great pressure. Buffalo was short handed and Montreal had the extra skater for a 6-4. They looked like they were gonna get at least one.

I'm sorry Wolf...

9-0-0. B)

This is a dream team.

Just got back, and am obviously disappointed with the effort the Habs came out with tonight. They started off fairly strong and controlled the flow for a while, but the air really went out of the team when Huet pulled a Tommy Salo on Novotny's wrist shot from just inside the blue line. Then Drury's shorthanded goal - though a great shot, had no business going in from the angle he had to work with. It looks like Huet is just not going to be able to play consistent NHL caliber goal and the flash in the pan has burned out in my opinion. It is time to relegate Huet to the backup that he truly is, and see if Aebischer is capable of proving that he is the NHL starter that he claims to be. If that doesn't happen, the Canadiens need to find themselves a true starting goaltender, or if not, beef up the defence - because they are both weak in the defensive zone right now.

As for the Sabres, they were impressive as expected. They obviously paid attention to the Habs win against the Avalanche, by closing down the shooting lanes from the point. The Sabres blocked 20 shots (mostly from the Canadiens defencemen I would imagine), and used their speed to prevent many more from even leaving the stick. I picked the Sabres to finish first, and it is looking more and more like that is a definite possibility this year. Congratulations Mach and all the other Sabres fans on this board - you should have a lot to look forward to this season!

The Sabres blocked 20 shots (mostly from the Canadiens defencemen I would imagine), and used their speed to prevent many more from even leaving the stick. I picked the Sabres to finish first, and it is looking more and more like that is a definite possibility this year. Congratulations Mach and all the other Sabres fans on this board - you should have a lot to look forward to this season!

When McKee left, I kind of expected them to go down a bit on the blocked shots, but it appears the team as a whole is willing to do all the little things to help the rest of the team out.

9 out of 82 games to go, so still a long ways to go but a great start so far.

Now just gotta wait til Thursday night on the Island. You gonna be there Mach or anyone else?

When McKee left, I kind of expected them to go down a bit on the blocked shots, but it appears the team as a whole is willing to do all the little things to help the rest of the team out.

9 out of 82 games to go, so still a long ways to go but a great start so far.

Now just gotta wait til Thursday night on the Island. You gonna be there Mach or anyone else?

I didn't worry too much about McKee's departure... I figured that this was a team that knew how to pick up the slack and that the rest of the guys would have, if nothing else, learned from him. At this point in the seaseon, I am glad we're not paying 4M a year for him like the Blues are. (Coincidentally, Rory Fitzpatrick, the Sabres 7th D-man last year, broke McKee's hand with a slapshot last week. McKee is out for 4-6 weeks). I won't be at the Islander's game which is tremendously unfortunate, because they can tie the NHL record with a win there. I will be at the November 5th game at MSG, but I can't imagine the streak still being alive then.

I didn't worry too much about McKee's departure... I figured that this was a team that knew how to pick up the slack and that the rest of the guys would have, if nothing else, learned from him. At this point in the seaseon, I am glad we're not paying 4M a year for him like the Blues are. (Coincidentally, Rory Fitzpatrick, the Sabres 7th D-man last year, broke McKee's hand with a slapshot last week. McKee is out for 4-6 weeks). I won't be at the Islander's game which is tremendously unfortunate, because they can tie the NHL record with a win there. I will be at the November 5th game at MSG, but I can't imagine the streak still being alive then.

Would be nice if it was, but 14 is likely stretching it a bit too far.

Would be nice if it was, but 14 is likely stretching it a bit too far.

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath.

Can you believe it was Fitzpatrick that broke McKee's wrist? The irony there is just killing me.