Crosby jersey customization question

TMLFAN

Hey all, I tried searching the fourms but couldn't come up with what I need so I apologize if this has been covered already. Anyways, I got back my Penguins jersey today from being customized and I think they put the wrong captain's C on it. I don't have my camera with me so I can't take a picture of my actual jersey but here is a picture of the same lettering kit that was used on my jersey;

020040.jpg

This is not the same "C" as the ones that are on Crosby's gamers as seen in this pic (notice how the C is thinner at the top and bottom);

img7688945.jpg

I took my jersey to a place that's nhl/nhlpa certified and my jersey was returned with the nhlpa tags so I don't understand how the "C" could be different. Do the teams use a different font then what's used on retail jersey's? Should I take it back to have the "C" changed or is this how they come? Please let me know.

Thanks

If you take it back, then you'd have to have to whole kit removed. I bet it's triple layered which shouldn't be. The outlines on the sleeves should be thinner. And they name... hard to describe, so just compare the details.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/81143653....30A760B0D811297

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/84237631....30A760B0D811297

Don't send it to EPS or TTS to get the job done, they don't use the correct specs

The Pens seemed to have used those standard NHLPA kits on their jerseys, probably the very first set of Edge jerseys 07-08

You might even find pics on gettys

If you take it back, then you'd have to have to whole kit removed. I bet it's triple layered which shouldn't be. The outlines on the sleeves should be thinner. And they name... hard to describe, so just compare the details.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/81143653....30A760B0D811297

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/84237631....30A760B0D811297

Don't send it to EPS or TTS to get the job done, they don't use the correct specs

The Pens seemed to have used those standard NHLPA kits on their jerseys, probably the very first set of Edge jerseys 07-08

You might even find pics on gettys

The links arn't working for me and what is EPS or TTS?

I just found this pic after doing a search for Crosby jersey's on google and this shows the same captains "C" as I have so I guess at one point or another it was used and then changed to the other style. I guess I will just leave mine as is since it is correct.

fulljgetty-76074642jm005_new_jersey.jpg

I just found this pic after doing a search for Crosby jersey's on google and this shows the same captains "C" as I have so I guess at one point or another it was used and then changed to the other style. I guess I will just leave mine as is since it is correct.

fulljgetty-76074642jm005_new_jersey.jpg

That's probably pre-season. Like I mentioned before, that lettering was used but not for long. Have you compared Crosby's "8" with the one next to him?

That's probably pre-season. Like I mentioned before, that lettering was used but not for long. Have you compared Crosby's "8" with the one next to him?

The 8 in the picture above looks the same as mine so like you said they must have used that style for a short period of time and then changed it. I have other jersey's I need customized so when I bring those in I will see if they can just swap out the "C" for the style he wears now but I will leave everything else the same.