CCM w/no fight strap?

attila

Anyone ever encountered one of these? I recently bought an early 90's CCM authentic and it has no fight strap. I don't think it was removed because there is no evidence of one ever being present. I'm positive the jersey is authentic, just curious if anyone has ever seen this before or if anyone would know why there would be no FS.

Anyone ever encountered one of these? I recently bought an early 90's CCM authentic and it has no fight strap. I don't think it was removed because there is no evidence of one ever being present. I'm positive the jersey is authentic, just curious if anyone has ever seen this before or if anyone would know why there would be no FS.

I never had one of these. Do you have any pics of the jersey?

I've heard of authentic Starter jerseys not having fight straps, but never a CCM. What team?

• 2 weeks later...

I have something similar to that only it is a 1980's Cosby Canucks jersey. It has double elbows and shoulders but no fight strap. I bought one from vintageminnesotahockey and am having it sewn in.

3586125363_45a220bcc8.jpg3586134279_b4becc3aeb.jpg

I've actually been wondering the same thing about a Nordiques jersey I received for Christmas about 7 years ago. Everything appears to be authentic (double elbows, shoulders, everything stitched) but no evidence of a fight strap. Also, there are absolutley no tags, whatsoever, attached to it. I'm guessing it might be a size 58, because it's huge. I read in a different forum about how after team issued jerseys are made, they are sent to get the names and numbers sewn on for the player, and they add the fight strap then. That leads me to believe that maybe this was team issued, but sold prior to having anything sewn onto it. I only know that my wife got it from a friend in Ottawa for me as a Christmas present in 2002. Here's a link to some pics that may help. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!

Nordiques Jersey Link

Is there hem tagging on the Nordiques jersey? I have doubts about that being a team-issued jersey, they usually have the maska tag in the neck and possibly a wash tag sewn in the side seam. Crests are also usually sewn together and then sewn to the jersey so inside you would only see the outline stitching, not every element of the crest.

That Nords jersey looks like a fake. The color layers look to be sewn together when they should have been different colors knitted together in the ultrafil fabric itself. The white layer on the front crest looks way too big too. Also, the absence of collar tags is ALWAYS a warning sign. Teams never sew fight straps on over numbering. That was done in the past and the stitching showed through over the twill pieces. Here's an example. But it hasn't been done like that for a long time.

Just a heads up for you guys...I know this doesn't exactly help the cause but the Cosby logo WAS found on game-worn NHL jerseys. Both the Devils and the Rangers wore the screened-on Cosby logo on the left part of their hemline in the late 80's. Also, speaking to that Cosby tag in the Canucks jersey collar...I've NEVER seen that tag in a replica jersey.

The cosby tag that I've seen on game jerseys is a little different than the one on mine. The gamers had "gerry" above the box and the "b" and "y" also extend above and below the box.

That's where I was going with the Nordiques jersey but wanted to see the hem tag first. Those sewn color panels are pretty good giveaways. I've also found that having all of the elements of a crest or each layer of the numbers sewn through the jersey is also a pretty good indication

Thanks for the insight on this guys! There are definitely no tags at all, not even a "wash instructions" tag. Though it may be a fake, whoever made it really did a good job, in my opinion. It's a very nice, heavyweight jersey that seems to be made out of Ultrafil material, like this Bure Canucks one I have. I wouldn't mind adding a fight strap and maybe customizing it in the future (I was thinking Thibault), not to sell, but for my personal collection. Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...