1996 NHL All Star patch

rob77ta

Anybody know where I can get a 1996 NHL All Star game patch with the yellow/gold boarder as worn by the boston bruins in 1996? All I can find is replicas on Ebay with the white boarder. My second question is do you think it would be wrong to buy the one w/ the white boarder? Its an authentic 1995-1996 Bruins road jersey by CCM.

Anybody know where I can get a 1996 NHL All Star game patch with the yellow/gold boarder as worn by the boston bruins in 1996? All I can find is replicas on Ebay with the white boarder. My second question is do you think it would be wrong to buy the one w/ the white boarder? Its an authentic 1995-1996 Bruins road jersey by CCM.

I think you can go for the patch with the white border. Once I sold a Bruins jersey with such a patch but used yellow thread for the stitching. It's just necessary to use a thick thread.

Just so you know, the one with the white border was worn by the players in the All-Star Game that year. It's not necessarily a fake but you're correct in that the Bruins never wore it on their jerseys. It would go on an All-Star jersey correctly though.

The patches with the white border were worn on the All Star jersey and the ones with the yellow border were worn by the Bruins. 

What I wonder about is if the AS patch on the AS jerseys were printed (feels like some sort of foam) too. The ones on the Bruins jersey were all printed. The original patch is probably worth more than the jersey.

2088932430100337552S500x500Q85.jpg

Well looks like my chance of getting the correct patch is slim to none.