Is This Okay to Do?

Steven6095

I ordered my Thrashers authentic and it came in a CCM and was horribly dirty. Beyond cleaning, black marks, crest messed up, etc.

I sent it back and in the mean time ordered my 5th season patch, 37 memorial patch, etc.

The replacement came today, but it is a Reebok. It looks identical to the CCM with the exception of the emblem on the back of the neck.

It is one of those CCM jerseys with the Reebok tag when they first bought them.

The patches were worn ona CCM jersey, not a Reebok.

Would it be horrible of me to do the patches on this jersey.....? I am not thrilled, but it would not be that big of deal to me. Only nuts like us would ever notice.

Is there anywhere to get the CCM patch for the jersey to replace the Reebok one????

Edited by Steven6095

Dirty jersey? Where did you order it from? HockeyOverstock.com by any chance?

That's exactly what I thought too, when I initially read the issue. Time to clean those warehouses top to bottom. I've heard this story many times and have had a few jerseys come pretty dirty from them as well. I guess the prices are good enough where it's not too big of a deal though.

I would like to dig through that warehouse to see what else they have hidden in the back of boxes, etc : )

The first one - well lets put it this way - I have a game worn jersey with A LOT less damage to it.

I think they mopped the floor with the first one, but they were VERY responsive and VERY nice on the phone.

Some here would say that it is wrong to put those patches on a Reebok jersey, yet there are others who say the style is the exact same just the wrong logo and there is no problem. Ultimately the choice is yours to make.

Edit: Just read the last sentence of the post. I don't know of any place that sells the CCM patch loosely in order for you to change the Reebok Logo out.

Since I have the money already spent in the patches and the tag on the inside of the jersey (side) says CCM, I am going to go ahead and do it. The only difference is the patch on theback of the neck and its okay with me.

Its a CCM jersey with a Reebok patch......

Oh well. 99% perfect.

Its not like I am ruining a classic beyond valuable one of a kind jersey.

I agree with everyone in that it's your choice. Even as a "jersey snob" :D I would still give you plenty of credit for wearing an authentic in the first place. You know anyone that would point out that error has some jersey knowledge anyways. As long as you know the difference there's only so much you can do. It's not something I would do personally, but do what makes you happy. I've heard that more and more often on the jersey boards I like to hang out on and I'm starting to buy into that motto for sure!

Good luck and make sure to post some pics when its done. I'd love to see it with all of the patches on there.