I've started a new jersey blog!

JeffB

Thanks for the feedback on the Lockout Collection. It generated some interesting jerseys as the players scattered all over Europe.

Today is worth checking out. It's the anniversary of Manon Rheaume becoming the first woman to play in an NHL game. I've got the story from Phil Esposito, who signed her, and plenty of video as well, including her appearance on David Letterman.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that article about manon was great, this part had me rolling

During practice Manon pulled a muscle in her lower back. The trainer, Larry Ness, said to me, "What do I do?" I said, "You do the same as you'd do with a guy. But you better not get a hard-on."

that article about manon was great, this part had me rolling

Phil has a way with words. He's like your rich, crazy uncle who doesn't care what he says or how he says it and just let's it rip.

• 2 weeks later...

Today is a very unique jersey that is worth checking out. It's a Buffalo Sabres jersey without the usual Buffalo head logo. It reads "NEW YORK" diagonally across the front and was worn for one game only vs. the Rangers, whose jerseys were also changed to read "NEW YORK" for their home opener less than a month after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/

In other news, you can now access my blog at http://thirdstringgoalie.com as well.

I've spent about 3 hours today going back through your posts...would you mind if I sent you a few questions down the road...I have been considering a Tretiak for a while now and have a few Q's about the '72 jersey you did recently and about the 1980 versions.

Edited by flountown

I've spent about 3 hours today going back through your posts...would you mind if I sent you a few questions down the road...I have been considering a Tretiak for a while now and have a few Q's about the '72 jersey you did recently and about the 1980 versions.

No problem. I'll see if I can answer them.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Today is Mario Lemieux's final home opener jersey.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd appreciate it if everyone would take a little time and read my blog today. It's a special post and it would mean a lot to me of you were to read it.

Thanks,

Jeff

Well, I just learned a thing about blogging today. I only wish I would have learned it quicker. Today, of all days, I was really curious to know how many people were going to read my Sergei Zholtok memorial tribute that I worked so hard to write and assemble. Then, I made the mistake of picking a new template for today with a black background after downloading my old template.

What I didn't realize was, by changing to a new template, instead of going in and swapping the colors in my existing template (which I forgot I could do since I never change it), that all my html code that allows my site to be tracked was not present all day long, so all my tracking ability for the entire morning, afternoon and up until early evening was disabled and is lost forever. I'm bummed.

For what its worth, I thought it was a great read, and thought that the black background was a really nice touch and set the tone for what you were trying to get across.

Sucks you couldn't track it, but a safe estimate I would say is probably around 423,000 views for the day.

Well I'm not sure how you arrived at 423,000 views, but I'd die for that in a month!

I had the black background idea in mind for this post since the day I made out my schedule months ago. It's too bad I implemented it in a way that messed me up, not realizing how easy it would have been to do with a different method that would have kept all my tracking intact.

I'm glad you liked reading it. I put a lot into that one.

So as a curiosity, since the release of the Hockey News jersey magazine, have you seen your daily hits go up much?

Not in a huge jump, but the numbers are trending upwards. A couple hundred a week, which at my level of current readership is noticeable.

Today is the six month anniversary of Third String Goalie and we are profiling our favorite player, Arturs Irbe, who has one heck of a story to tell. Not many other athletes have risked their careers, and lives, to man barricades against Soviet tanks in defense of their homeland.

Plus, we let you in on our favorite freebie at the end of today's entry.

Great post. I'm saving up do customize a lot of jerseys I have, and I'm making my sharks an Irbe

We approve of that descision! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Two things of note today.

First, out topic of the day is one of THE all-time great hockey jersey moments ever, ever, ever.

Second, if you scroll down the right-hand side of the blog, look for the block of flag images. That will take you to our brand spankin' new ThirdStringGoalie Hockey Name Generator!

There you can convert your name into Canadian, French-Canadian, Russian or Swedish!

Two posts today, so be sure not to miss the first one on Olli Jokinen below the bonus post on the Canadiens surprising everyone with an unexpected pair of jersey retirements last night.

gotta love the spammers struggling ! thatll get ya some sales for sure!! IDIOT..

It's not a good idea to mess with a thread by a moderator about the moderators own blog. That will get your posts deleted and your account banned in no time.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a mention in the Puck Daddy Blog on Yahoo! Sports in his recent "Jersey Fouls" entry.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...?urn=nhl,209779

I have arrived!