I've started a new jersey blog!

JeffB

Check this out, my blog got a review/recommendation today at the excellent Greatest Hockey Legends.com. GHL was very influential in the format of my blog and it's the site I link to the most often, so I'm pretty excited to be recognized by it.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff, congrats on the accolades!

Thanks!

I just discovered that I've also been added to the blog list at http://penguinspages.blogspot.com/

That's cool when someone links to you like that. :stickhndl:

• 3 weeks later...

In addition to my ongoing July theme of posting a jersey with a number the same as the date, I've also added a google map at the bottom of the front page marking the location of each jersey I've posted.

It's pretty slick. You can zoom in on any location and see what's been posted so far from your area. There's a cut and paste link to each post as well. I wish they were clickable links, but they aren't as of now.

There's also a link to the actual google map under the smaller version posted at the bottom of the blog if you'd like to have a larger version to explore.

I've had a nice run of variety lately with jerseys from the NHL, AHL, College and National Teams lately, so if you haven't been by to check out my blog now that the Stanley Cup has been awarded, I just wanted to let you know I'm still making updates throughout the summer.

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Today concludes July by the Numbers, where each day I featured a jersey with a uniform number that matched the current date.

31 jerseys in all, 12 NHL, 6 from the minors, 5 NCAA, 5 national team and 3 foreign club team jerseys were featured.

Up next in August will be a theme that I'm sure you will find fun, my Curious, Weird and Ugly Collection™, featuring the strangest designs from my collection which is certain to be heavy on NHL alternates of varying disgust.

I hope you've been with me for the month of July, and if not, now is a chance to look back at my chronological run through the heart of summer.

Just an invite to check out my blog today. It's one of my favorite jerseys in my collection and I felt the post came together quite well.

I had no idea who Per-Åge Skrøder was when I bought it, but he's turned out to be quite the player, as I hope you will read.

Late update/rewrite to today's entry. It posted automatically early this morning before I considered it finished and got stuck in line for computer time behind Mrs. Spyboy and the dreaded Craig's List...

If you read it early today, you might want to give it another look.

Today kicked off the theme you've been waiting for, the Curious, Weird and Ugly Collection.

Yes, all my strange, horrible and bizarre jerseys in my collection will be featured over the next two weeks.

Send the kids out of the room and prepare to gaze upon the hideousness that is the Curious, Weird and Ugly Collection.

Today's blog entry contains the words "baby poop".

Come and find out why.

Today is a special day, as I take an extended look at the New York Islanders infamous "Fisherman" jerseys and how they came to be along with visual examples of how they evolved during their brief run.

We're on a roll now, the last three days have featured the Mooterus, the Buffaslug and the Burger King, with more to come...

Thanks for today's biology lesson, Jeff. :rolleyes:

That was the best diagram I could find. It was the same shape as the logo and didn't have all the parts labeled, especially "######". Take my advice and do NOT do a google image search for "uterus". It will put you off your lunch in a big hurry.

Today's entry is The Wild Wing.

I find it interesting/amusing to read about the backlash some of the players have about the jerseys they've been forced to wear. Part of me thinks they wouldn't care as long as they still got to play but I guess they have some shred of dignity left too. :lol:

It makes me wonder how the (mostly minor league) players who are forced to wear pink jerseys must feel...

I find it interesting/amusing to read about the backlash some of the players have about the jerseys they've been forced to wear. Part of me thinks they wouldn't care as long as they still got to play but I guess they have some shred of dignity left too. :lol:

It makes me wonder how the (mostly minor league) players who are forced to wear pink jerseys must feel...

Here is how the Las Vegas Wranglers felt about some of their "Special Jerseys"

Even the players, who happily will put on just about anything for a good cause, had a problem getting into the Aloha spirit on the ice.

"We heard some complaints about the pink ones and the Hawaiian ones," Wranglers vice president of operations Deric Voelker said. "But the guys really enjoyed wearing the Elvis ones and the Friday the 13th ones."

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/15661497.html

Though I would love to get one of those Friday the 13th Jerseys.

Jeff, I have a thought on the Weird/Ugly jerseys that could be kind of disturbing. (This goes for TV commercials as well)

Some are so bad, that you have gotta wonder what were the items that were turned down in favor of what was selected? Gotta imagine that what was rejected might have actually been worse.

I always enjoyed these Elvis jerseys, from the now-defunct Youngstown Steelhounds of the Central Hockey League:

IMGA0100.jpg

IMGA0105.jpg

Jeff, I have a thought on the Weird/Ugly jerseys that could be kind of disturbing. (This goes for TV commercials as well)

Some are so bad, that you have gotta wonder what were the items that were turned down in favor of what was selected? Gotta imagine that what was rejected might have actually been worse.

I often find myself saying "And just think of what they turned down in favor of this!" when talking about something really rotten.

Two separate entries today!

The usual format returns with an Adam Oates Capitals jersey on his birthday and a tribute to the many jerseys of Mike Sillinger.

Jeff, I loved the curious/weird/ugly theme, but how do THESE abominations not even get a mention?

I know, I know you likely don't own one but still....

http://media.photobucket.com/image/Quad%20...rdsSherriff.jpg

He did link to that jersey when he was wrapping up, "There could also be a book written about some of the "Hideous, Stupid and Embarrassing" jerseys that have been forced on unsuspecting minor league hockey players over the years", the word embarrassing linked to that cowboy piece of crap.

On a related note (Sillinger) I came across this game worn online today.

sillinger2_1.jpg

sillinger2_2.jpg

He did link to that jersey when he was wrapping up, "There could also be a book written about some of the "Hideous, Stupid and Embarrassing" jerseys that have been forced on unsuspecting minor league hockey players over the years", the word embarrassing linked to that cowboy piece of crap.

On a related note (Sillinger) I came across this game worn online today.

sillinger2_1.jpg

sillinger2_2.jpg

That's awesome!

There were a few alt jerseys worn by teams where Sillinger only played 7 or 13 games, but I was actually able to find photos of him wearing them, so I'm quite confident in his total reaching 40 like I stated.

• 4 weeks later...