I've started a new jersey blog!

JeffB

I want to let everyone know that I've started a new blog about my jersey collection.

Each entry is going to feature one of the jerseys in my collection. Hopefully you will find it informative and entertaining.

I'm not sure I'm going to actually post a new jersey each and every day. I'm in the process of trying to put together a schedule of jerseys that relates to some event that is happening or has happened on that day.

For example, today, May 9th is Steve Yzerman's birthday, so I'm starting out with an Yzerman Red Wings jersey.

Hopefully I'll hit my stride quickly for a consistent voice and format. In the meantime, if you have any constructive criticism on what you'd like to see or what I could add to it, please send me a private message.

The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog can be found here http://hockeyjerseyoftheday.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Jeff

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be visiting it every day!

Jeff is truly the professor when it comes to patches and details. His collection is awesome and anyone who hasn't taken the time to click on his collection should, as it is certainly worth the time. Thanks for taking the time and effort to post a blog. I know that it will be a daily must!

Wow. Thanks for all the support and well wishes.

Today's entry is now up and tomorrow's is "in the can".

I'm not planning to doing a new one each and every day, despite the corner I painted myself into with the name, but I've got my calendar of relevant dates rapidly filling up with ideas.

http://hockeyjerseyoftheday.blogspot.com/

Man, what a chore today's entry was to get the text formatted correctly. That thing has a mind of it's own sometimes, but I managed to fight through it.

I also learned how to adjust the column width, so my photos will no longer be cropped like they have been.

If you read it early today, I also added a Dasherboard entry about yesterday's World Championships later on that I'm pleased with.

I don't think I'm going to have a fresh entry for tomorrow just because I didn't find a noteworthy topic to play off of and don't want to burn through all my jerseys as fast as possible.

However, I do have one all set for the 13th written and scheduled for posting.

Let me know if you've got any feedback. I'm open to suggestions.

and don't want to burn through all my jerseys as fast as possible.

Sorry, I had to laugh a bit at this comment. You could post an article everyday and still would not get through all of your jerseys in a calendar year, but I do understand what you are saying. Nice blog though, have it in my favorites and have checked it out everyday, great work on it Jeff.

How many jerseys do you actually have Jeff? I barely have the closet space to hold 12.

Currently sitting at about 425. That ought to keep me busy for a few posts on the blog. ;)

Currently sitting at about 425. That ought to keep me busy for a few posts on the blog. ;)

413 more to go for me... :thumbsup:

Nah judging from my collection focus, I don't know if it'll ever get there or if I'll be able to find a big enough space to keep them all.

413 more to go for me... :thumbsup:

Nah judging from my collection focus, I don't know if it'll ever get there or if I'll be able to find a big enough space to keep them all.

It's good to have A focus. I fear I have about six very broad "focuses", which is a bad thing.

I've been collecting various things all my adult life and find than when I run out of space, that's when my attention shifts to something new. Not having a lot of space would limit me more than expense the way my brain works. It's good to have some factor that makes you take stock of what's really important to you and keep you in check. Personally, I'd rather have some of the money back to afford to travel to games, like the 2011 World Juniors in Buffalo, NY. But that still doesn't mean I'm selling anything!

Oh, almost forgot, no new jersey today since I couldn't come up with a topic to relate to one, but I still posted some pictures of hot chicks and will have a jersey entry tomorrow.

Oh, almost forgot, no new jersey today since I couldn't come up with a topic to relate to one ...

Jeff - not sure if you already knew about this, but there's a "This Day in Hockey History" widget at the Hockey Hall of Fame site. Just pick a day and click "go" - you can keep clicking the button to get different ones.

Personally I think you should think about doing a "Hockey Jersey of the Day" photo-rich coffee table style book. With your knack for jersey and general hockey history and your professional photography skills, I think it'd be a slam dunk. I don't think you'd get rich from it, but I know enough jersey heads here an on the various other boards would eat them up. I could see places like like IJ selling it and I'm sure you'd get promotion from places like Uni-Watch and Icethetics.

Granted it'd be no small undertaking - but definitely something you could work towards if the blog takes off.

Best of all, you could dedicate the book to me since I came up with the idea :)

I just wanted to let you know about an important change to my blog.

It now has a new name - "Third String Goalie".

As a result, there is also a new web address to bookmark. This will allow me to free up the format a bit and tie into my baseball version once that gets some content. I explained the move on Hockey Jersey of the Day.

I hope you've been taking a moment to check it out and will keep stopping by at:

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/

So does that mean my book idea is out the window? :D

Although I didn't have a problem with the old name (to me "Jersey of the Day" isn't the same as "Daily Jersey") and I don't think people would have held it against you, I must say that I do like the concept behind the new name.

Great stuff over there JeffB. That Moose jersey pretty much defines the 90s doesn't it? Cartoon character crest, stomach churning purple and green, Starter....it's all there.

I, for one, am always glad to see a feature on the Gumper. Especially so when it's well written and includes front and back of one of the best hockey cards ever.

Great blog so far Jeff, a really good read.

One thing, I think it's "il ne porte pas de masque", although best to confirm with the francophones on here.

Also you should run off some of those Gump t-shirts, front and back of the card on either side of the shirt, I'd buy one :D

One thing, I think it's "il ne porte pas de masque", although best to confirm with the francophones on here.

Also you should run off some of those Gump t-shirts, front and back of the card on either side of the shirt, I'd buy one :D

You know, that's the way I first had it written based on the back of the card, but comparing the P is pas to the p in porte, I thought it looked more like the d in de.

I suppose das is German!

Best go run that though a translator again and see which one it likes better...

As for those shirts, that could happen... :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments guys. It's good to know people are reading it and liking what they see so far. I've got a couple more "in the can" for upcoming days that I'm pretty happy with as well.

You know once the Bruins and Hurricanes went to OT the first thing I thought of was your blog and this particular comment you made.

For Boston and Carolina, based on the way this series has gone so far, expect a 4-1 win. Only I'm not sure in whose favor it will be. Watch, the ###### thing will now go four overtimes now that I've said that. I suspect predictions will not be a regular feature of this blog...

Just thought it was kind of funny.

If it's supposed to say he doesn't wear a mask than I think that's right yeah "ne pas" . :thumbsup:

Looking forward to a gophers post ;)

If it's supposed to say he doesn't wear a mask than I think that's right yeah "ne pas" . :thumbsup:

Looking forward to a gophers post ;)

I ran that phrase through the translator and changed it after reading the first post. The Gophers will obviously come up sooner or later simply based on the number of them in my collection. It may take some time though, as most of the topical events of note for the next 6 weeks will be Stanley Cup related.

Looking at making a schedule for the next year, I'm very excited that I chose to start this with the Olympics on the horizion. There's a lot of great Olympic moments to play off of.

you're right! If it's in the past though, you would say "Il ne portait pas de masque"

Also, eventhough you're using it as a title, you don't capitalize every first letter of the words in the sentence like you do in English. Only the first one.