Fans of other teams

lafountain

You know, I really think that if the team succeeds, the Blue Jackets fans would pack that place night after night. I've said it for a while now but I do see them as a small but very loyal fanbase. As it is, they do pretty well for a team that's only had about one or two winning seasons in its existence. Sure, OSU football(BOOOOOOOOOO! :D ) is always going to rule the roost there but if they can ever get that team pointed in the right direction and possibly grab some playoff wins, they'll be fans for life. I'd liken it to a Carolina situation. Weird market but with success, limitless potential.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially one that actually wins....! Bam! :lol:

DARN SKIPPY ROOTIN-TOOTIN!

toronto can support another team EASY!

Oh I definitely agree. I don't know if a lot of people realize it, but Toronto is like a New York or a Chicago, a HUGE market and I think they should have 2 teams there. I think Montreal might be able to support a second team as well the way Habs fans fill up the Bell Center.

I think its pretty obvious I'm a Rangers fan. They haven't been kind to us recently, but they are the best that have ever graced the ice. Ain't it the truth :D

Every team has its ups and downs as well as glory days. Ya just gotta hang in there!

I love my Winnipeg Jets.....Welcome back home boys 2011-12. Shane Doan can finally retire a Jet. How cool would that be. B)

I sure hope so, bring back the Jets, Nordiques, and Whalers!!! :D

• 6 months later...

I sure hope so, bring back the Jets, Nordiques, and Whalers!!! :D

And Cooperalls! Ok, just kidding.

And Cooperalls! Ok, just kidding.

Hahah i could see them catching on again, ya never know

As far as my team, im a true Flyers fan..Thats the only team i root for but i will watch other hockey games and follow certain teams. I used to talk to Patrick Kane so i followed the Blackhawks the last couple of years but watching him score the winning goal for the cup was bad. I wish i got a chance to talk to him after that. I watch NHL on the fly on the NHLnetwork every night for about 2 hours and i watch Versus everytime a game is on. I collect any jersey as long as its a rbk edge so other then the Flyers im a fan of hockey. Im sure some people may disagree and suggest your not a die hard fan if you watch other teams or what not but i certainly only root for the Flyers.

I think when you judge fan bases, you really can't generalize that a certain team's fans are one way or another. I mean I don't really think it's right to say, Penguins fans are a bunch of bandwagoners or Flyers fans are big a$$holes. I have been thinking long and hard and to me it all depends on the type of people that are fans of certain teams. Sure, every team has its band of obnoxious people and chances are they are TERRIBLE human beings. But there are fans who just like the team or LOVE hockey that are nice people. You can't really down them, right? It's unfair to mislabel fans when polite fans follow a team too. I get this a lot because I like the Penguins. I have been following the Penguins as long as I can remember, but very closely since 2000-2001. I've been through it all, with the post ECF run in 2001, the losing years from 2001-2006, and a SC championship in 2009, and the bottom line is I have stayed with the team. Sure, the pre-Crosby years weren't fun to watch or attend games, but I did anyway because I like the team and I am a fan of hockey. More recently, it has been GREAT to be a Penguins fan because of their exciting players and winning.

Bottom line, generalizing fan bases is a touchy subject and shaky ground. I don't really like it and I wish people would not do it. I believe a lot of people do it because they are frustrated because their team sucks or they are jealous and being haters of a good team. I also think you should judge fans based on the kind of humans they are - be it obnoxious or polite. There are mixes of both.

Hooray! Not gonna lie, I cannot stand Canadiens fans. I respect their commitment to traveling to see the team, but by God are they annoying. And they are terrible tippers.

No offense to the Montreal fans on this board, but I agree. I can do nothing but shake my head and yell at the tv every time I watch a Habs game where I see the fans boo and cry every time their players get touched. IMO there is a fine line between being a whiny fan, and a passionate one. Canadiens fans seem to be too whiny and take things WAY TOO FAR - see the Chara incident by calling the police - for my liking.