Jersey Sizing

PensJerseys

If I remember CCM/Maska sizing in the 90s is a lot different

Authentic sizing was 44, 48, 52, 54, 56, 58 (size 54, 58 I think were only available from the stores that were doing the jerseys for the team)

I think determining sizes went like this: measure length armpit to armpit and double it to get the size i.e 22" across is a size 44

Remember that players usually wore equipment underneath and back then, equipment was a lot smaller i.e shoulder pads, elbow pads

I think when equipment started getting bigger around the mid 90s to now, that jerseys kept the sizing numbers but the actual sizes became bigger. Wasn't Starter jerseys the ones that started getting way bigger than CCMs before them?

I know that beginning with Starter, size 44 was dropped and size 60 was introduced.

I believe all the other companies following Starter (ProPlayer, CCM/Koho/Reebok) just kept the sizing of the jerseys.

I do not have enough experience with RBK Edge/Edge 1.0/Edge 2.0 jerseys for sizing because the jerseys became "streamlined" and then changed back to bigger sizes when players complained. I have seen Edge 2.0 Size 58+ and maybe Size 60+ but i do not know if that mean bigger arms or chest size.

In the 1.0 Edge, 60 is the largest you can get. In the 2.0, a 58+ is the largest. There is no 60+ that I have ever seen and when comparing the 1.0 60 to the 2.0 58+ they are almost identical. I would say that the 58+ 2.0 and the 60 1.0 are the eqivalent of the old 6100 size 56 maybe a bit more snug. For bigger arms and chest it would have to be a goalie cut jersey. There is a thread out there which discusses this I just can't remember where.

Here's a composite sizing chart for retail RBK Edge jerseys compared to the previous RBK 6100s.

sizing_chart.gif

I'm not too sure about the wingspan but I can tell you that the chest will be about 22" across and the length will be in the 27" to 28" range.

I've measured my size 48 90's CCM authentic jerseys and they are 30" back collar to back hem. I'm wondering if the 44 is just 2" shorter all around? That would make the most sense.