Jersey Noob questions and More Noob Questions

johnnygriswold

Do authentic jerseys come in goalie cut sizes?

Yes - but they are rare. You can occasionally find a goalie cut 58G or 60G jersey in the old RBK/CCM 6100 style or an earlier style on eBay. As for the Edge jerseys, I have read in a couple different places that Reebok has no plans to sell a commercial authentic Edge-style jersey that is goalie cut. If that is true (please someone else confirm if they know) then you'd have to go with a team issue/game issue goalie cut Edge jersey, if not a full fledged game-worn Edge goalie jersey.

Yes - but they are rare. You can occasionally find a goalie cut 58G or 60G jersey in the old RBK/CCM 6100 style or an earlier style on eBay. As for the Edge jerseys, I have read in a couple different places that Reebok has no plans to sell a commercial authentic Edge-style jersey that is goalie cut. If that is true (please someone else confirm if they know) then you'd have to go with a team issue/game issue goalie cut Edge jersey, if not a full fledged game-worn Edge goalie jersey.

Ah I am looking for a 6100, I have no interest in the Edge jerseys. So were 58 and 60 the only sizes they made the goalie cuts in? I need a 52.

Ah I am looking for a 6100, I have no interest in the Edge jerseys. So were 58 and 60 the only sizes they made the goalie cuts in? I need a 52.

I've never seen a goalie cut smaller than 56G and I've only seen one of those and I think it was a gamer.

So what do people do if they're a 52 and they want a jersey of a goalie, just get a normal 52?

Goalie cut jerseys suck to wear unless you're actually wearing goalie gear. The arm holes and sleeves are huge. If you just want an authentic of a goalie, I'd say go with a regular 52.

Goalie cut jerseys suck to wear unless you're actually wearing goalie gear. The arm holes and sleeves are huge. If you just want an authentic of a goalie, I'd say go with a regular 52.

Okay cool, thanks a lot for your help. I just wanted to make sure getting a goalie's name put on a regular jersey isn't some kind of no-no in case I plan on selling it or something.

So what do people do if they're a 52 and they want a jersey of a goalie, just get a normal 52?

No. You send the goalie jersey to me :D .

There should be no problem in having a goalie's name on a normal jersey, I have 9 normal jerseys with goalie names on them. I am going to get a couple of international goalie cuts in the near future because I plan on wearing them over my gear. Goalie cuts do suck to wear normally because the sleeves are shorter, you kind of feel awkward wearing them.

While I have no problem putting a goalie on a non-goalie cut jersey, I can't imagine putting a player's name on a goalie cut jersey. To me that's just wrong. I have only 2 goalie cut jerseys, and both have goalie's names on them.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=220333937704

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome aboard Johnny! (and all the newcomers who've joined since I posted last)

1. Do you buy/trade for jerseys that are YOUR size, or do you just get what you like no matter what the size is? I'm a small guy, so the Reebok EDGE replica size I fit into and would wear would be the small. Somehow I'm guessing not too many people are collecting smalls.

I am one of those that collects jerseys in sizes I can wear. I prefer bigger jerseys, such as XXLs, but XLs fit me perfect and I won't hesitate to get that size if I can find one the right price. I'm a sucker for a good deal

2. Am I not a serious collector if I don't obtain Authentics or Game Worn jerseys? The new Reebok Edge jerseys are crazy expensive just for the blank authentics. I'm totally fine with staring at replicas. For me it's the design and how pleasing the jersey is to my eye. (As a professional graphic designer I tend to over-analyze graphics, which is fun!)

Agreed with you, I only have one game-worn jersey and maybe three or four authentics. I'm wanting an Edge authentic jersey as my next, I just can't justify the cost right now.

3. Other than here on icejerseys.com and on eBay, are there sites you can recommend I be looking at? I've already warned the girlfriend that we'll be hitting thrift stores and flea markets more often. :)

I think that's been covered, so I won't repeat.

4. And lastly, why do YOU collect? What makes it exciting for you? Finding a rare gem that is worth a lot of cash, or something that looks REALLY awesome? I lean towards the looking awesome versus what the value of the jerseys would be. Just curious what makes you collect all these jerseys?

I collect jerseys of teams I really like and even players I like if I can find a good deal. There are some jerseys that have gotten my attention just because of their appearance, such as the current Ducks set. When I first saw that one, I loved it. To me, it reminded me of my old favorite, the black Canucks skate jersey. I liked the Ducks jersey so much I had to get an authentic. I'm trying to pare down my collection, as I own jerseys of the Bruins and Lightning and am not a fan of either team. I do like black jerseys quite a bit.