09 Winter Classic Jerseys Unveiling

HJimm

I hope the Red Wings make it their third so when they play any of the original 6 they can break it out. Imagine these against the Boston thirds, it would be awesome. I don't think Detroit made the old vintage jerseys their third because they weren't anything special. The English D looks better than DETROIT in generic font, this is just my opinion. On the other hand I am glad they wore those jerseys for 1 game in 94 so I can get an Ozzie one.

I'd like that actually. I'm sure the Wings would wear their regular road jerseys though. But hey, if they both wore the thirds, even better! Is that the NBC game tomorrow?

I'd love to see the Hawks wearing their WC jersey for the last regular season game, I know I'll be wearing mine. and yeah it's the NBC game, I'm so stoked I don't have to go to the bar that has the center ice package like I normally do to watch Hawks games.

I'd love to see the Hawks wearing their WC jersey for the last regular season game, I know I'll be wearing mine. and yeah it's the NBC game, I'm so stoked I don't have to go to the bar that has the center ice package like I normally do to watch Hawks games.

I never realized how lucky we are in Montréal to be able to watch every single Habs game on tv.

looks like both teams are wearing their normal jerseys, oh well

I hope the Red Wings make it their third so when they play any of the original 6 they can break it out. Imagine these against the Boston thirds, it would be awesome. I don't think Detroit made the old vintage jerseys their third because they weren't anything special. The English D looks better than DETROIT in generic font, this is just my opinion. On the other hand I am glad they wore those jerseys for 1 game in 94 so I can get an Ozzie one.

I think it'd be neat to see the original six teams bring a throwback as their third for certain games, say like a season finale or home finale against each other. I personally really like that Detroit Winter Classic jersey, looks so much nicer than the TBTC jerseys in 91-92 did.

I think it'd be neat to see the original six teams bring a throwback as their third for certain games, say like a season finale or home finale against each other. I personally really like that Detroit Winter Classic jersey, looks so much nicer than the TBTC jerseys in 91-92 did.

I really wish the habs kept their 3rd white (45-46) but I know it won't happen :(

I have to admit that I had to turn the game off midway through the second period because Doc Emmerick and Ed Olcyk couldn't seem to focus on the game on the ice and instead spent the majority of the time babbling about everything BUT the game on the ice.

If that's how NBC and Versus expects to "market" the game, the NHL is doomed.

I have to admit that I had to turn the game off midway through the second period because Doc Emmerick and Ed Olcyk couldn't seem to focus on the game on the ice and instead spent the majority of the time babbling about everything BUT the game on the ice.

If that's how NBC and Versus expects to "market" the game, the NHL is doomed.

I've never liked Doc Emmerick as a broadcaster. They should've used Pang instead. :thumbsup:

I've never liked Doc Emmerick as a broadcaster. They should've used Pang instead. :thumbsup:
Pang is a horrible commentator that did nothing but kiss butts. For a mass audience Thorne and Clement were by far the best team.

Pang is a horrible commentator that did nothing but kiss butts. For a mass audience Thorne and Clement were by far the best team.

Thorne and Clement were the best.

Last season when HDnet ran 2 NHL games a week they had some interesting choices for commentators - normally having atleast one former player. Larry Murphy and John Vanbiesbrouck are two I remember of the top of my head. They weren't the best, but they did add some good back stories.

I like Pang's enthusiasm, but I don't watch too many of the national NBC broadcasts (or VS. for that matter). I thought Pang and Strader out in the desert were a good pair. I grew up with Thorne and Clement and will always prefer them. Since I've been out here, I've grown to really like Ralph Strangis and Daryl Reaugh, I love their work and they seem like they have a solid chemistry. Radio-wise, Pat Foley in Chicago was one I really enjoyed, as well as Ken Double, who did the Ice games for the longest time.

I think Foley is back with the Blackhawks now, he was always a treat to listen to whenever I could get the feed down in Indy. Truth be told, I'd rather listen to a game on the radio than I would watch it on TV. If it wasn't for watching a game outside when it comes to the Winter Classic, I'd rather listen to it. That's how I grew up following hockey around Indianapolis as I didn't have ESPN 2 at the time and National Hockey Night was a one night a week event.

Larry Murphy is a semi-regular with Fox Sports Detroit now for the Wings games, and he's actually gotten a LOT better in his delivery and choice of stories. When he and Pat Verbeek first started out, you could tell they were both really awkward (oh, and Doug Brown, too). Verbeek doesn't appear on broadcasts anymore, but Murph is starting to churn out some good analysis now.

Oh, wait. We were talking about the Winter Classic jerseys, weren't we.....