customization laugher

trueblue2735

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That really hurts my eyes. There should be a test one has to take to be able to buy and customise jerseys.

A fellow collector was eager to buy his Robitaille, but asked me my opinion first.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/231835694268

After letting him know, I also decided to message the seller the following:

Hey, fyi your Robitaille jersey is actually from '85, not '87, and it looks like someone just slapped on a replica patch, unfortunately :(

Seller's reply:

Wrong! Robitaille's rookie season was 1986-87. Look it up. It's not a replica patch, I bought the ###### patch my self from an LA Kings equipment guy. I had the Minnesota North Stars customizer put everything on the jersey to the exact font & tackle-twill. If you have issues with the jersey, then don't make an offer. I've been collecting CCM jerseys for years, so I know my stuff, you obviously don't.

And, of course, I can't just move on :P

No, the jersey is from '85, lol. And I'm not trying to argue with you, but you're wrong.

Here's a true Robitaille rookie gamer -

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1986_87_Luc_Robitaille_Kings_Game_Worn_Jersey_Rookie_20_year_Anniversary-1275-33.html

Note the difference with the rear CCM logo - his rookie, and all '86-87 jerseys, have the purple and gold embroidered logo. Yours, with the red and blue patch, is from '85.

While you're there, you can compare the patches as well and see for yourself.

Needless to say, I haven't heard back.

Now that's one of those rare moments in life where you get to use the phrase "Do you have any idea who I am?" With complete immunity...

A fellow collector was eager to buy his Robitaille, but asked me my opinion first.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/231835694268

After letting him know, I also decided to message the seller the following:

Hey, fyi your Robitaille jersey is actually from '85, not '87, and it looks like someone just slapped on a replica patch, unfortunately :(

Seller's reply:

Wrong! Robitaille's rookie season was 1986-87. Look it up. It's not a replica patch, I bought the ###### patch my self from an LA Kings equipment guy. I had the Minnesota North Stars customizer put everything on the jersey to the exact font & tackle-twill. If you have issues with the jersey, then don't make an offer. I've been collecting CCM jerseys for years, so I know my stuff, you obviously don't.

And, of course, I can't just move on :P

No, the jersey is from '85, lol. And I'm not trying to argue with you, but you're wrong.

Here's a true Robitaille rookie gamer -

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1986_87_Luc_Robitaille_Kings_Game_Worn_Jersey_Rookie_20_year_Anniversary-1275-33.html

Note the difference with the rear CCM logo - his rookie, and all '86-87 jerseys, have the purple and gold embroidered logo. Yours, with the red and blue patch, is from '85.

While you're there, you can compare the patches as well and see for yourself.

Needless to say, I haven't heard back.

By the way, Slim, I'm about 99% sure that is the purple Kings jersey I stripped. (Sorry) I can tell from the sleeves. I also told him to please send it to Keener for customization, and he said "Never heard of them, I have a friend that can customize it for me."

By the way, Slim, I'm about 99% sure that is the purple Kings jersey I stripped.

I told you, you should have sold it to me!

At least I would have done it justice and gone with someone from the '84-85 roster.

• 2 weeks later...

It has a "fighting strap"...it must be legit.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's stitched and has a fight strap so it must be real right?

Hmmm....that looks a lot like that 2004 Team Canada WCOH prototype jersey that floated around eBay....

I think I recall seeing a Niedermayer prototype and you are right, looks just like it.

Guess someone wanted to put Lemieux on that team Canada, and thought "I'm putting Lemieux on the back, might as well put the penguin on the front"

Then they threw the cup patch for good measure

It's all good though guys, his home is completely free of smoke pets.

It's all good though guys, his home is completely free of smoke pets.

Obviously a lie, he's obviously got a schnauzer with a pretty serious pipe habit.

I think I recall seeing a Niedermayer prototype and you are right, looks just like it.

You did see a Niedermayer prototype that looked like that godawful Pens thing. This idiot bought it.........and instantly regretted it.

You did see a Niedermayer prototype that looked like that godawful Pens thing. This idiot bought it.........and instantly regretted it.

It was a nice looking jersey as I recall. Hey at least yours doesn't have the wrong crest and a SCF patch!

Was it horribly customized? Or was it just an impulse buy that you regret?...had a few of those myself...lol.

I was thinking about that one when it was listed.

It was a nice looking jersey as I recall. Hey at least yours doesn't have the wrong crest and a SCF patch!

Good point. I at least have learned enough over the years collecting jerseys to know not to buy that thing. :)

Was it horribly customized? Or was it just an impulse buy that you regret?...had a few of those myself...lol.

I was thinking about that one when it was listed.

It's actually a very nice jersey. I can't say if it was customized properly since Team Canada never wore it but the work was done very well. It was a total impulse buy.