customization laugher

trueblue2735

I hate it when people put phrases and other nonsense on jerseys other than the players name or if you want to go that route, your own name I can accept. At least he is being realistic with his starting price.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate it when people put phrases and other nonsense on jerseys other than the players name or if you want to go that route, your own name I can accept. At least he is being realistic with his starting price.

Agreed. Put someone's name on there. Not "Lord Stanley". And, if you are gonna make a "Lord Stanley" jersey, at least have the Stanley Cup patch on there!

I do need a Koho for a 2001 Finals jersey, just not sure I want to take a chance on what's under that customizing, plus finding a name to cover "LORD STANLEY" in the event there is damage beneath is not easy. I guess Niedermayer would almost get you there, but I already have a Nieds.

I'm always looking to play around with that stuff, I love working on jerseys. If the price deosnt move north of say, $45 or $50 I might pick it up as something to mess around with. I hate when people do that though.

Edit: oh man they stitched that whole name through the nameplate. Ugh. Gonna have to be cheap to be worth that much work.

Edited by JoeM7392

I'm always looking to play around with that stuff, I love working on jerseys. If the price deosnt move north of say, $45 or $50 I might pick it up as something to mess around with. I hate when people do that though.

Edit: oh man they stitched that whole name through the nameplate. Ugh. Gonna have to be cheap to be worth that much work.

Uh huh. And I have bought a fully customized Koho with an actual player's name and number for less than $70 before, so that stupid one may stay very low.

Yeah I might steer clear of that, but if it stays in the $30 range it might be too tempting.

At the opening bid price up to $30, its probably worth the gamble if you have the time to do the work on it.

Sold for $75.99. Unless that guy's name is actually Lord Stanley, it was a stupid purchase.

Sold for $75.99. Unless that guy's name is actually Lord Stanley, it was a stupid purchase.

Ssomething weird happened there. It wasnt supposed to end for a few days. The initial price was like $30, and with only one bid and one bidder it goes for $75? What?

And I wasn't touching it for a penny over $35 anyway.

Did it switch to BIN? I saw it still said bidders and assumed something weird happened. That makes more sense but I don't understand why somebody would pay $75 for that.

Edited by JoeM7392

Yup, it says "This Buy It Now listing has ended", and there was no BIN originally.

Why anyone would pay $75, that I can't answer. At $25 it was tempting, at $50 it would be cost prohibitive because of the work it needs, and at $75 it's just a jersey with stupid customizing.

• 1 month later...

Looks like the bk font on the regular white jersey

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry, are you saying this pic won't help sell the jersey?

I'm saying that pictures like those are the one thing missing from your book.

The only thing that photo is missing is a giant fat cat sitting in the middle of the pile of jersey.

And of course my photo didn't post. Sorry for the pointless contribution.

Edited by slimcutta
Dont' be sorry - pointless contributions are the best :)

What's wrong with cats sitting on jerseys?

I'm not a cat guy, but their faces are awesome. You can totally see him thinking " What the f*** are you doing to me now?"