Edge 2.0

Beezer

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has retail switched to edge 2.0 or is it still 1.0?

Welcome back Beezer. As for retail I am not 100% sure, but I am pretty sure that they are still only doing the EDGE 1.0's.

I can almost guarantee it's Edge 1.0, the modifications are only player requested, you won't see them change, I'd put my money even at the beginning of next season they will be very much the same, if anything I can see a more reinforced fight strap or stitching in general being the biggest changes.

I can almost guarantee it's Edge 1.0, the modifications are only player requested, you won't see them change, I'd put my money even at the beginning of next season they will be very much the same, if anything I can see a more reinforced fight strap or stitching in general being the biggest changes.

I agree. Only some rare teams changed the fabric of their jerseys. I found some big pics of hockey players dating from about 1 or 2 weeks and the fabric is the same.

• 1 year later...

I wish they would tag the 2.0 jerseys so it would be easy to notice when buying.

Edited by S3ABAS

The 2.0 jersey are not available for retail.

Not true at all. The paper tags of the 2.0 are M7287, the 1.0 are M7187. The neck tags on both still say 7187 above the CCM logo.

Not true at all. The paper tags of the 2.0 are M7287, the 1.0 are M7187. The neck tags on both still say 7187 above the CCM logo.

The tag has nothing to do with it. Edge 1.0 is made out of the new materials. Edge 2.0 is made of airknit material (by players/teams request) on the front and sleeves and micro-mesh on the back.

The tag has nothing to do with it. Edge 1.0 is made out of the new materials. Edge 2.0 is made of airknit material (by players/teams request) on the front and sleeves and micro-mesh on the back.

Yes, I know that. I own Edge 1.0 AND 2.0 jerseys and even posted a thread with pictures showing the difference a few months back. I own examples of both, the same team, the same jersey. in both 1.0 and 2.0. Yes, as I posted earlier in another thread, the material IS different. The paper tags on the 1.0 and the 2.0 ARE different. You posted that the 2.0 are not available at retail. Maybe in Germany you can't get 2.0, but not here in the US. They are available at retail.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=1393

IMGA0280.jpg

Tag for Edge 1.0

IMGA0279.jpg

Tag for Edge 2.0-after price tag removed

Rab, thanks for the info on the model number for the Edge 2.0s - I'll have to keep any eye out. The only retail Edge 2.0s I've heard of are AHL. I hope that's just an issue of fewer 1.0 AHL Edge jerseys already being out in the market. Perhaps with NHL jerseys it's only a matter of time while the existing 1.0 stock gets depleted - or at least I hope.

I still hate the cut of the Edge jerseys - and their replicas are crap, but who knows maybe I'd break down and buy an Edge if I knew it was a 2.0

Yes, I know that. I own Edge 1.0 AND 2.0 jerseys and even posted a thread with pictures showing the difference a few months back. I own examples of both, the same team, the same jersey. in both 1.0 and 2.0. Yes, as I posted earlier in another thread, the material IS different. The paper tags on the 1.0 and the 2.0 ARE different. You posted that the 2.0 are not available at retail. Maybe in Germany you can't get 2.0, but not here in the US. They are available at retail.

IMGA0280.jpg

Tag for Edge 1.0

IMGA0279.jpg

Well, is that the case with the NHL jerseys too?

I have not seen any 2.0's in the NHL market yet, only in the AHL jerseys.

You tell me. You were quick to post that the 2.0 were not available for retail. Are you saying that you posted something as fact when you were not quite sure if it is fact? I pointed out, as fact, that the Edge 2.0 is available at retail. LEM's third jersey was the last jersey released by CCM/RBK in the Edge style used in the NHL and AHL. The team wears the 2.0. The retail authentics, of which I own one, is a 2.0. The team switched to the 2.0 in the middle of the 07/08 season, as just about every AHL team did. The jersey that the tag that I posted was manufactured 05/20/08, after last season ended. That means that, for this team, all Edge production is 2.0. So, they are selling at retail the same style of material used on the ice. As for the NHL, I would suggest that we find anyone who has an authentic Edge of one of the new third jerseys, special Habs jersey notwithstanding. If the team is wearing the 2.0, what is the retail version? I showed you what the tag will look like, M7287=2.0, M7187=1.0, last 3 numbers and the letter tell you what team and which of their jerseys that it is.

IMGA0280.jpg

Tag for Edge 1.0

IMGA0279.jpg

Great. Thanks.

You tell me. You were quick to post that the 2.0 were not available for retail. Are you saying that you posted something as fact when you were not quite sure if it is fact? I pointed out, as fact, that the Edge 2.0 is available at retail. LEM's third jersey was the last jersey released by CCM/RBK in the Edge style used in the NHL and AHL. The team wears the 2.0. The retail authentics, of which I own one, is a 2.0. The team switched to the 2.0 in the middle of the 07/08 season, as just about every AHL team did. The jersey that the tag that I posted was manufactured 05/20/08, after last season ended. That means that, for this team, all Edge production is 2.0. So, they are selling at retail the same style of material used on the ice. As for the NHL, I would suggest that we find anyone who has an authentic Edge of one of the new third jerseys, special Habs jersey notwithstanding. If the team is wearing the 2.0, what is the retail version? I showed you what the tag will look like, M7287=2.0, M7187=1.0, last 3 numbers and the letter tell you what team and which of their jerseys that it is.

Well, that's the last thing I heard about the NHL Edge jersey. I thought you had updates. So if AHL jersey are available in 2.0, why wouldn't they release any 2.0 NHL jerseys. I hope, they change it for next season, because that new fabric is easily detroyed when you're not careful with the jersey.

My Penguins 3rd jersey is a 1.0 while last years WC game worn jerseys were 2.0 and had re-inforced elbows like the 6100's. Man, RBK is really destroying the hobby. All the tags on my Edge jersey have the M7187 numbers.

I don't wear the two 1.0 Edge's that I have. I was wearing Premiers last season (the AHL Premiers are even worse than the NHL ones, thinner material and glued shoulder patches). I ended up buying 2.0's when they became available, and those I wear. Yes, that 1.0 material is difficult to maintain in nice condition. I would guess, as others have, that the 1.0 Edge jerseys didn't sell very well at retail, the bump in price at a poor economic time didn't help. So, maybe what's out there is still original inventory from 2007. I would have to think that if the team is wearing 2.0, then that would be the material used in any current and future production. Although I could be wrong.

I think by default this thread was about NHL jerseys not any and all (this is the NHL section). As I know it the NHL jerseys are customized to the players now a year or so later all teams are more then likely on full airknit so likely a retail change will happen at some point but it seems unlikely because this 'special' fabric is supposed to be a selling point for RBK.

I think by default this thread was about NHL jerseys not any and all (this is the NHL section). As I know it the NHL jerseys are customized to the players now a year or so later all teams are more then likely on full airknit so likely a retail change will happen at some point but it seems unlikely because this 'special' fabric is supposed to be a selling point for RBK.

Maybe that will make first year edge jerseys rare in the future

But why would that make a difference? There are only two leagues in the world using these jerseys. Why would CCM/RBK continue to produce jerseys made of materials not used anymore by the players? The 2.0 still use the "new" material on the sides and back, just not the front and shoulders/arms anymore. Why would they stop making 1.0 AHL for retail, but continue for the NHL? Doesn't make sense to me. But I wanted to show that the 1.0 and the 2.0 are tagged differently.

I think everyone just wants information. I'm assuming here, but I think we all just want to hear that the Edge 2.0 are out there and available for retail. Rab went out of his way to let us all know some information (the model numbers) that I assume most of us didn't know. The question of when/if Edge 2.0s for NHL teams will be available for retail, may not be answered yet, but at least we know more than we did before. That's the reason I come to the IJ forums, to learn and share with other folks who love hockey jerseys.

That's fine to bring up info but don't appear to chew others out, there was a tone and I'm an easy going guy.

What does that mean? "I'm an easy going guy". Why would you say that? Please elaborate on this.

Hey guys what's happening? We're all friends here!