Jersey sizing, Koho vs Reebok

kg54mvp

Hey everyone, I am interessted in buying a Minnesota wild jersey off of ebay. My question is, are the sizings between the reebok premiers and the koho sewn on ones nearly the same? I know they fit baggier than reebok, but I would like to know before buying it. Thanks!

and by the way, I am about 5'5 and skinny, i bet the reeboks might be a bit more flattering, but I am at the point where the adult smalls are a bit too big and the youth extra large is too close for comfort.

Can you clarify what you mean by Koho "sewn on?" If you are referring to an authentic Koho (with sewn on logos), they come in numbered sizes, as opposed to Reebok Premiers (replicas), which have letter sizes. The authentic Kohos will be pretty big on you- the smallest they usually come in is size 46, but I have actually seen a couple of Wild 6100 series authentics in a size 44, which might barely fit you. I have never seen a 44 6100 in any team other than the Wild.

If you are talking about Koho replicas, these do not have sewn-on logos; they are glued just like the Premiers. I would say a small would fit you pretty close to the same as a small Premier, that is, slightly big.

Actually I was referring to the air-knit 6100's made after 2000, with the big baggy arms. (There are plenty of 44's in the 1990's CCM ultrafil/airknit/mesh series; I've got a ton of those.) :)

This might be a good time to ask this question- I've always wondered exactly when the term "6100" officially started being used in regards to CCM authentics. As for me, I've only called the post-2000 jerseys 6100's- they have bigger, wider arms than the pre-2000 jerseys, even though the overall cut is similar. The retail tags on the post-2000 jerseys actually have a 6100 code, with the last 2 digits varying depending on the team. But the pre-2000 authentics seemed to only have CCM Center Ice tags that didn't have any numeric code, as far as I know. So are those pre-2000 jerseys also officially called 6100's, and if so when did they start being labelled as such?

Anyone know for sure?

Hey I guess I mean the ccm version in this situation

Like this...

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=380638576989

Compared to a current men's reebok one like this...

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=350804066128

Disregard the player haha, but this is just a sizing question!

Are the reebok smaller bigger than those ccm smalls? I know the reeboks are slimmer.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all I'm new here but have been viewing these forums for a while now so thought I'd actually sign up.

I have a question about KOHO jerseys compared to their pre edge RBK counterparts.

I have just aquired my first KOHO game worn jersey from the 2002-03 season its labelled as being a size 56, its MeiGray tagged has corresponding paper work etc. its legit, however how did KOHO jerseys come up shorter in size and length than their pre edge RBK counterparts from 2005-06 to 2006-07?

This 56 KOHO feels more like its a 54 pre edge RBK in fit that I have game worn of another player, its about an inch shorter in length than the RBK too, when layed out flat they are both the same size across ffrom armpit to armpit.

However I do own two pre edge RBK's in a 56 for the same player but those two 56 RBK's are about 2 inches longer in length than the KOHO and about 1 inch wider across from armpit to armpit than the KOHO.

Now maybe the previous owner/s washed the jersey and it shrunk but then surely the logo and numbers would exhibit some sign of wrinkling in or around them would it not? or did KOHO jerseys just come up as a smaller fit to their pre edge RBK counterparts?

If anyone owns a game worn KOHO and a game worn pre edge RBK both in 56's could you please let me know if you have noticed the same, or if anyone owns an authentic of each KOHO and pre edge RBK in same size.

Thanks for you time and hoping someone can shed some light on this for me as I can't find answers anywhere else.

Heres a link to a thread which has a bit of information on RBK vs KOHO, scroll *up* and you'll see the chart

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=6089

Edited by slimcutta
merge-a-roo :D

Maybe one was washed more than the other, it doesnt take a lot to shrink a jersey an inch. My Jordin Tootoo Koho gamer from 03/04 is a size 52 and its bigger than the 54s I have from the same season. Possibly someone who worked there was drunk or had bad vision - or both? Thats probably the best explanation out there.

Maybe one was washed more than the other, it doesnt take a lot to shrink a jersey an inch. My Jordin Tootoo Koho gamer from 03/04 is a size 52 and its bigger than the 54s I have from the same season. Possibly someone who worked there was drunk or had bad vision - or both? Thats probably the best explanation out there.

I think its a possibility that either equipment staff or previous owner/s may have done this, but if it had shrunk in wash I would expect the logos and numbers to exhibit some slight change like being pulled tighter by the jerseys material and or become wrinkled due to the entire jersey shrinking slightly, however there are no signs on this, someone else on another group on facebook did say his size 56 KOHO comes up and inch shorter than his size 56 6100 RBK so it is a possibility they were just smaller in the first place compared to the 6100 RBK.

Every company has its own interpretation of sizing. The Nike's in the late 90s were quite huge, as compared to the say CCM of the early 90s. And sometimes there may even be size differences between teams of the same era.

Every company has its own interpretation of sizing. The Nike's in the late 90s were quite huge, as compared to the say CCM of the early 90s. And sometimes there may even be size differences between teams of the same era.

Yes its a possibility I guess as my nikes are different to my ccm's, as you mention nike seem to be a size bigger than what they should be, however KOHO is CCM which in turn is now RBK for the 6100 series, so I would of thought they'd kept the jerseys specs the exact same size just swap out the makers logos on the back that's all.

That being said again I'm starting to think my nike Leafs jerseys from 1998-99 are longer than my Canada 2002's, and my Canada 2002's are shorter than in length by a few inches to my rbk 6100's, stupid because a 56 should be a 56 a 58 a 58 etc regardless of maker should be standardised sizing

LOL!

Dont buy a Nike Swift jersey, your blood pressure will be off the charts.

Isn't that the truth lmao I remember when they first came out tried what is my "normal" size on and was like wtf! as it would go past my shoulders lmao

I laid out a couple pairs of my jerseys that were the same size and design, but ones a Koho and the other a RBK and I see nothing different in their sizes. I also made sure to use jerseys that would have likely never been washed or only washed a few times.

I don't know if this belongs here but I'm looking at a CCM Maska ultrafil jersey and have no idea how the size runs. The jerseys I'm looking at are both size 52. I just want to know if that will fit, I wear a 54 in 1.0s and anywhere from 54-58 in 2.0s if that's any help.

Actually it would take a lot to shrink a jersey an inch, since polyester doesn't shrink