It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

That Thornton gamer is pretty freakin' nice, he is the ultimate 4th line guy!

I've got a few cool things to post today.

First, what a surprise walking in and seeing a huge goofy looking package in the shape of a hockey stick waiting for you. Stephen (steezyB here) totally hooked me up and surprised me with an incredible signed and used stick from Matt Hendricks, not to mention a puck which I originally tossed in the trash by accident lol. I never get stuff like this and its so cool. Definitely will have to include it in the future framing/display plans.

R1YFPZ1.jpg

Hzhywvy.jpg

And now to jerseys, the only Panthers gamer I've really wanted is a Craig Anderson but from what I heard from the team they were all gone. The Detroit Hockey Co got one in and now it's mine! A 2008-09 Set 2 with really good wear. The pics definitely dont do it justice and the sleeves hide a lot of the great marks. It pained me to sell the 2.0 Sens of his I had but now this totally makes up for it. With the piping on these jerseys it makes it oddly wearable for a goalie jersey too. Easily my favorite active player that has no association with Hershey or Nashville. So stoked.

anderson-f.png

anderson-b.png

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now to jerseys, the only Panthers gamer I've really wanted is a Craig Anderson but from what I heard from the team they were all gone. The Detroit Hockey Co got one in and now it's mine! A 2008-09 Set 2 with really good wear. The pics definitely dont do it justice and the sleeves hide a lot of the great marks. It pained me to sell the 2.0 Sens of his I had but now this totally makes up for it. With the piping on these jerseys it makes it oddly wearable for a goalie jersey too. Easily my favorite active player that has no association with Hershey or Nashville. So stoked.

5o9urt-vi.jpg

Nice Anderson! Always loved the Panthers jerseys! (Go Dolphins!)

1995-96 Tomas Sandstrom Penguins 3rd jersey:

DSCN2203_zps15f55e51.jpg

DSCN2204_zpsb1ba86dd.jpg

I've always wanted to get one of these, especially the CCM version, used during the inaugural season of the NHL's alternate jersey program. This Sandstrom gamer was used throughout the regular season plus the playoffs, including the infamous 4 OT game against the Washington Capitals in the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals. The alternate captain's "A" was only added for the last 3 games in which the jersey was used, after alternate captain Ron Francis suffered a foot injury which ended his season. The jersey features quite a few stick marks, some board burns, and 2 unrepaired holes in the left sleeve, which I was able to videomatch to footage of Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals against the Florida Panthers:

8446f1ff-dbe0-4142-bbb5-b003483f0ba2_zps

Sandstrom has just scored the last goal that the Penguins would score that season while they were wearing these alternate jerseys. (The Penguins would score one more goal in Game 7 but they were wearing their home jerseys.)

An interesting observation (at least to me) is that the sawtooth pattern on the white glacier twill is oriented differently on some characters. Of the four arm numbers, one of them has the pattern oriented vertically, another horizontally, one diagonally at 45 degrees, another at 135! I guess the customizer really didn't care at all about symmetry and uniformity...

Here's a short (ha!) intro to my newest Avs jersey pickup. Some really interesting information on the history and lineage of the team's jerseys. Recently, a conversation here on IceJerseys in the Good or Not thread - thanks to Enzo and Kaiser for their info, pics and links - led me to a very informational, intriguing website of a game worn avs jersey collector: Eddies Jersey Room. Multiple jerseys from every season are represented and detailed descriptions of the construction are given. Lots of research and reading from that site, along with a long personal conversation with Nate, the Twill Manager at Denver Athletic have led me to a few discoveries about the history of Avs jerseys: Nate basically told me that Denver Athletic did not letter the Avs jerseys in 1995/96 or '96/'97 and possibly not even in '97/98. If I remember his comments correctly, he said he became the twill manager around 2000 and they already had the Avs contract by then. He worked there in previous years, but doesn't remember when they got the Avs jersey deal. He did say, and I've heard this information from Jay and from Nate on other occasions, that D.A. always constructed their numbers with a 3 layer stack design until the NHL went to Reebok for their jerseys. Information from the Avs Jersey Room, and from Enzo and others here states that the numbers on the jerseys from 1996 through 1998 were not 3 layer stacked, rather kiss cut. If what Nate says is true and DA never kiss cut numbers until 2005 and jerseys from '96 - '98 were kiss cut (which we have indisputable evidence of), then DA couldn't have been the company that lettered those jerseys. Nate speculated that Starter themselves may have lettered the original '95/96 jerseys and the next years' as well.

Then multiple sources have documented the slight number font change right before the playoffs in 1997 to what we now recognize as the Avs' number font - tips cut off the tail of the 2s and thicker bottom layers.

I'm thinking that Starter did the jerseys in house for '95, possibly '96 during the regular season, then passed the contract to someone else and maybe even sent along to them all the extra numbers they had pre cut. Mnwildfan7000 said in the Good or Not thread that the Avs used Cunningham's sport lettering out of minnesota for a time - maybe that's who took over in '97 before the playoffs???? I like this theory of the mid season switchover because the transition from the original font to the new font during the '97 season included jersey anomalies where one number on the back of the jersey was the old thin cut and the other the new thicker cut as well as numbers on the sleeve and back at times being of different construction than the other - one kiss cut right next to one that's stacked just like Enzo's Deadmarsh and a Forsberg I've seen on gamewornauctions.net.

9697_kamensky13_back.jpg

Jerseys from '97 in Eddie's Jersey Room site also have numbers that have the glacier twill running horizontally, sometimes right next to a number whose glacier runs vertically.

9697_keane25_slvnum.jpg

as well as captaincy A's with the sharp tips cut off. This is from Eddie Olson's Adam Foote '97 gamer.

9697_foote52_a.jpg

This makes me think that the lettering was turned over, for some reason during the '97 season, but the new lettering company didn't have the capability to exactly reproduce the numbers and just did the best they could, and for some reason mixed and matched the leftover numbers and their own ??? Then the next year just adopted their "best match" cut for the permanent style. And then when DA took over they were able to match, and then perfect the best match font, bringing us to '98/99. The jerseys then went to 3 layer stacked design and remained that way until the Edge jerseys were introduced. This works perfectly with Nate's timeline and memory in terms of a point in time when Denver Athletic would have begun lettering Avs jerseys.

This is ALL contrary to what information I had previously - that Denver Athletic has lettered Avs jerseys since they came to town in 1995. Not true, and the truth is yet unknown.

So, I now know more than I thought I did before, but still don't really know the whole story. I'd love to know the entire history of who lettered the jerseys year by year and why the early jerseys were so inconsistent with their construction, grain pattern, etc. Why were adjacent numbers kiss cut and stacked on the same jerseys, why were some numbers thick layers right next to thin layers? What brought about the change in the numbers during the '97 season?

Unfortunately, Nate revealed through his demeanor as well as verbally to me yesterday that he doesn't really care about the history, or really about avs jerseys at all. He doesn't really have any definitive answers because he doesn't really remember and doesn't really care. I offered to forward him the link to Eddie's Jersey Room and his extremely uninterested, dismissive response was "Nah, I'm good". Just his job, I suppose. I get that. Just because it's his job doesn't mean he's into it as heavy as I am. But a bummer that there's no real resource to go to and ask questions.

So, here we go with my newest: A '97/98 Valeri Kamensky, complete with kiss cut numbers all around (and all vertically running glacier :) )

IMG_4305.jpg

IMG_4308.jpg

Got my replica Tampa Bay Lightning alternate storm jersey. It's an XL Dino Ciccarelli with no patches such as the clover or all star ones. I plan on adding the clover patch to it as well as a name plate. This is my favorite jersey of all time and is my very first storm jersey. I was beyond excited when I got it.

post-18366-0-32907700-1385328791_thumb.j

post-18366-0-73213600-1385328824_thumb.j

post-18366-0-93589800-1385328911_thumb.j

Awesome Kamensky, it's amazing the differance in the first few year jerseys like no one cared at all when they were making them and they just got thrown together. And it sucks that some of the people who may know something about the history of them just don't care the only thing we can do is just go off gamers that people put picks up of and pics of the game and be glad there are people who are good at customizing jerseys and pay attention to details

Got my replica Tampa Bay Lightning alternate storm jersey. It's an XL Dino Ciccarelli with no patches such as the clover or all star ones. I plan on adding the clover patch to it as well as a name plate. This is my favorite jersey of all time and is my very first storm jersey. I was beyond excited when I got it.

Amazing pickup. Those jerseys seem to be pretty hard to find

WOW! I LOVE those purple Kings jerseys.

This is my newest jersey. Thanks to akteon for a great transaction.

DSC_0524-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

I agree with everyone else, those purple Kings jerseys are great. Grats Cowboys.

Krendelev, glad you like the jersey. My favorite detail on those is something you rarely see in photos, the victory stripes under the arm. Cool little feature:
51845580_display_image.jpg?1307802351

Finally here are a couple of my recent pickups I had yet to post (should have more to post later as well):

2006-07 #2 Dave Liffiton Hartford Wolf Pack game-worn jersey
One of my all-time favorite font styles for the name and number.
htfd_liffiton_f_sm.jpghtfd_liffiton_b_sm.jpg

2002-03 Stephane Matteau San Antonio Rampage game-issue jersey
During his final season in the NHL, he was sent down to the AHL for 3 games. He ended up only wearing the white version of this jersey.
matteau_rampage_f_sm.jpgmatteau_rampage_b_sm.jpg

Man, I remember when this forum was all authentics and replicas, but you guys sure are putting up some nice gamers in the last little while...good on ya!

And goon gamers at that................. :D

I could not hate Stephane Matteau any more than I do.

But that is a cool jersey.

Do you feel the same about Stefan Matteau? :lol:

Do you feel the same about Stefan Matteau? :lol:

Honestly I can't say I didn't have mixed feelings about that. If he contributes I guess its ok. But I won't be buying his jersey anytime soon.