Does it even matter where the authentics are produced?

GJD

No matter where they are produced, they are still stitched like the pros. I don't get it. I'd get an Indo edge because I trust Shop.NHL to give me what I asked for, and they do.

Some people take issue with the Indo-Edges because they are not truly authentic. They are not "stitched like the pros." They are not even made of the same materials. Proper authentics (Edge 1.0 or 2.0) are a mix of polyester and spandex. Indo-Edge's are 100% polyester.

Authentic used to mean "exactly what the players wear on the ice." Reebok Edge 1.0's and 2.0's are "authentic" in this regard.

Now, with the Indo-Edge, authentic means "like what they wear, but with different materials." Indo-Edges are not exactly what the players wear, so they are not exactly "authentic." They are more "replicating the authentic."

Now, me personally, I have several Indo-Edges in my store, so I've held them, and tried them on, and I don't think they are nearly as "crappy" of a product as others do. I think they're nice jerseys.

However, Shop.NHL is one of the worst places to order from, quite frankly. They use heat pressed, screen printed customization that looks absolutely awful, and isn't even close to correct in terms of font or size. Their customer service is absolutely awful too, and they won't let you return a customized jersey, even if they screw it up by using the heat pressed customization. And I'm not just saying that because I have a store too. I ordered a jersey from Shop.NHL one time, and I will NEVER do it again. I literally was given a jersey with vinyl, heat pressed numbers. No twill whatsoever.

Some people take issue with the Indo-Edges because they are not truly authentic. They are not "stitched like the pros." They are not even made of the same materials. Proper authentics (Edge 1.0 or 2.0) are a mix of polyester and spandex. Indo-Edge's are 100% polyester.

Authentic used to mean "exactly what the players wear on the ice." Reebok Edge 1.0's and 2.0's are "authentic" in this regard.

Now, with the Indo-Edge, authentic means "like what they wear, but with different materials." Indo-Edges are not exactly what the players wear, so they are not exactly "authentic." They are more "replicating the authentic."

Now, me personally, I have several Indo-Edges in my store, so I've held them, and tried them on, and I don't think they are nearly as "crappy" of a product as others do. I think they're nice jerseys.

However, Shop.NHL is one of the worst places to order from, quite frankly. They use heat pressed, screen printed customization that looks absolutely awful, and isn't even close to correct in terms of font or size. Their customer service is absolutely awful too, and they won't let you return a customized jersey, even if they screw it up by using the heat pressed customization. And I'm not just saying that because I have a store too. I ordered a jersey from Shop.NHL one time, and I will NEVER do it again. I literally was given a jersey with vinyl, heat pressed numbers. No twill whatsoever.

Did you order a premier? Because I don't think they would mess up an authentic.

NHL Shop is notorious for poor customization. If you want an accurate authentic, take your time, search out a 1.0 or 2.0 blank, then send it to Custom Crafted for customizing. If you're ok with a jersey made from different materials than players wear on the ice and customizing that often is the wrong font, use the NHL shop.

It matters to me because I'm not comfortable forking over $300 for a poor quality "authentic".

If you're okay with dropping that kind of money for something not close to what is worn on the ice, that's perfectly cool.

Yes, I ordered a premier, but honestly, they have a very poor reputation on customization, and I highly doubt they would use different stuff on different jerseys.

Yes, I ordered a premier, but honestly, they have a very poor reputation on customization, and I highly doubt they would use different stuff on different jerseys.

It says what they do to the jerseys. Premier's are supposed to be heat pressed. I doubt they would heat press a $300 jersey. They know that they are doing I would think

If they knew what they were doing, they wouldn't heat press jerseys in the first place.

And like you said "It says what they do to the jerseys"... Here is a direct quote from a replica Minnesota Wild jersey:

"Whether you leave it blank or customize it, this Reebok® Premier jersey is the perfect way to support your favorite team! It's made of polyester two-way stretch pique fabric and has solid mesh inserts for ventilation. The front crest is embroidered just like the authentic jersey, and your personalized name and number in single-layer, screen-printed twill are heat pressed onto the back and sleeves."

Heat pressed, screen printed. Not even close to correct.

They suspiciously don't say how they customize the authentics. They don't even let you select if you want a Reebok Vector logo or a Reebok wordmark logo on the jersey. Those should be listed separately on the website.

It says what they do to the jerseys. Premier's are supposed to be heat pressed. I doubt they would heat press a $300 jersey. They know that they are doing I would think

From what I've seen, they use stitched twill for the authentics, but they still have made some pretty awful mistakes regarding fonts and even using the wrong colors. I would never use them for customization. If you care enough about authenticity to get an authentic instead of a replica, then it makes little sense to me to pay that much for the authentic if you're going to settle for lousy customization.

From what I've seen, they use stitched twill for the authentics, but they still have made some pretty awful mistakes regarding fonts and even using the wrong colors. I would never use them for customization. If you care enough about authenticity to get an authentic instead of a replica, then it makes little sense to me to pay that much for the authentic if you're going to settle for lousy customization.

Every jersey (even premier's) that I have gotten are correct. I don't see how they would mess up the colors or a font though

Forgot to mention that... thanks LAK74.

They've used not only the wrong fonts, but the wrong colors of twill during customization.

They definitely don't "know what they're doing."

In all honesty, they're probably not. They font size is probably wrong, and as we've discussed, anything heat sealed or screen printed is not "correct."

But if you're fine with them, that's cool. Some people are incredible sticklers for accuracy. For example, I am, even on my premiers. I want everything to be exact.

And absolutely, I want everything to be 100% perfect on authentics. They cost too much money to not be perfect.

Every jersey (even premier's) that I have gotten are correct. I don't see how they would mess up the colors or a font though

Eh, I'm not really big on if it's exactly as they wear on the ice, I just want an authentic jersey that will last a long time, instead of the premier's that won't last long.

Not sure what you mean. The premiers will last just as long. Its not like they're made of some super different material that is way more durable or anything. They'll both last a long time.

Eh, I'm not really big on if it's exactly as they wear on the ice, I just want an authentic jersey that will last a long time, instead of the premier's that won't last long.

Not sure what you mean. The premiers will last just as long. Its not like they're made of some super different material that is way more durable or anything. They'll both last a long time.

Have you ever bought an authentic from Shop.NHL? Has anyone here? If you have could you tell me if it looked correct?

I haven't, no, but those who have replied in the thread have been telling you the stories we've heard from those who have.

It's not a good place to order from. That's the majority opinion.

If you want to order from there, by all means, go ahead. But places like IceJerseys and River City Sports are much better. IceJerseys stands completely behind their customization, and if you can show them something they did wrong, they'll fix it. They also customize replicas with twill, not heat pressed garbage.

Even eBay is a good place to look sometimes. You can find some good deals and stuff on there.

What are you looking for specifically? I think I remember you being a Bruins fan? What size, and which color?

Have you ever bought an authentic from Shop.NHL? Has anyone here? If you have could you tell me if it looked correct?

Well if you want an authentic jersey you would want what is worn on the ice.

I think I speak for everyone here that when the term authentic is thrown around, it means what is worn on the ice. I dont consider Indo-edges authentic, just better quality, but drastically overpriced replicas.

Indo-Edges, are deluxe premiers with a fight strap. Plain and simple. If ya wanna drop 300 bucks, go nuts... But when you TRULY see the difference, you won't go back.

Seems like there's one of these threads every couple weeks, use the search option and see how it went for the people before you.

You know, to me, as long as everything is stitched and not heat pressed, it is authentic. I don't care if it's made in Indonesia or Canada. http://shop.nhl.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=13238477 read this. Seriously. it tells you the differences between every jersey. Premiers are absolutely supposed to be heat pressed and screen printed. Authentics are supposed to be stitched. Even if the materials aren't correct (which shouldn't matter) as long as everything is multi-stitched like it should be, it's authentic.

I respectfully disagree. Just because it's stitched doesn't make it authentic. By all means, if that's your opinion, that's fine. Just saying.

Premiers are absolutely supposed to be heat pressed and screen printed. Authentics are supposed to be stitched.

Sorry, but I completely disagree. Who suddenly made the NHL.com website the Bible of jerseys? Premiers aren't automatically SUPPOSED to be pressed or even stitched. They are initially made blank and then you can do whatever you want with them. There's only bad customization (plasticky heat-pressed stuff like they have) and better customization (stitched twill).

So besides some of the flaws people have received on their authentics from Shop.NHL, was everything at least stitched, including the crest? What about the nameplate? and the font?

So besides some of the flaws people have received on their authentics from Shop.NHL, was everything at least stitched, including the crest? What about the nameplate? and the font?

What's your point with these posts, exactly?

NHL.com customization sucks. We've seen dozens of photos, heard more stories and so forth. It's not accurate to on ice, and neither are the 'authentic' jerseys. This was established long before you came around beating this drum. if you want something done right, you go elsewhere, preferably to where the team goes, simple as that. I'm not sure I understand why that's so hard to grasp.

What's your point with these posts, exactly?

NHL.com customization sucks. We've seen dozens of photos, heard more stories and so forth. It's not accurate to on ice, and neither are the 'authentic' jerseys. This was established long before you came around beating this drum. if you want something done right, you go elsewhere, preferably to where the team goes, simple as that. I'm not sure I understand why that's so hard to grasp.

Photos? Is there a thread?