New way to ruin game worns for money :(

RageATheM

Maybe this is old, but I came accross this on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Peter-Forsberg-game-used-jersey-HUGE-Patch-display-7053-LOA-1-1-/150718839212?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item23178af9ac

Sad that gamers are being torn apart for hockey cards let alone this :(

While the cards and the plaque are bad, at least they are not wallets or coasters.

Wow...anything for a buck...I'd seen the wallet but not the coaster. Thats just rediculous :(

• 8 months later...

Yet the latest in a series of increasingly stupider ways of destroying game-worn jerseys. Sigh...

Eh...you'd be surprised how illegitimate those 'game-worn' jerseys are that the companies cut up. Some of them just throw money at a player to quickly put on a few jerseys so they can claim them as 'worn' by the player. Then, off to the shredder they go. It's all a scam.

Eh...you'd be surprised how illegitimate those 'game-worn' jerseys are that the companies cut up. Some of them just throw money at a player to quickly put on a few jerseys so they can claim them as 'worn' by the player. Then, off to the shredder they go. It's all a scam.

Very true... The Messier card features a Reebok Edge tie up collar.. When did Messier ever wear an Edge jersey outside of the alumni winter classic game last year?

Very true... The Messier card features a Reebok Edge tie up collar.. When did Messier ever wear an Edge jersey outside of the alumni winter classic game last year?

Excellent point.

My eBay searches for jersey ALWAYS provide lisitings for those game-worn swatches that I have to ignore.

Exactly...They even put on replicas and claim them to be "game Worn".

Saw that this morning, although I only have 1 game worn I don't agree with them doing this. Although like others have said I think a lot of those are actually promo jerseys, like worn for a press conferance, or signing or alumni type games. It's weird, growing up as a kid before I got into jersey collecting I thought those cards where the coolest things, now the complete opposite.

It's even worse when they do it to gamers from teams like Lokomotiv Yaroslavl (11/12 season). Surely they should be honoured and given a bit more respect than that.

Just a little update on this, and I know this was being discussed on Jersey Central.

Fraud sports memorabilia dealer Bradley Wells tells FBI prominent card companies knew his jerseys were fakes

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/fraud-sports-memorabilia-dealer-bradley-wells-tells-fbi-prominent-card-companies-knew-jerseys-fakes-article-1.1159317?localLinksEnabled=false