stripping an ultrafil jersey

WingedWheelers

I've seen pictures here of airknit jerseys that have been stripped, and the look very good. However, from what I understand, ultrafil is a smoother material. Has anyone had their ultrafil jerseys stripped (professionally or otherwise) and how were the results? Could you still see where the original letters and numbers were on the jersey?

It's a crap shoot really. It could come off easily but it could be cemented on and you could scar it badly. My advice to you is to start with one of the back numbers. Take out the stitching and start with a corner. If it comes up easy, you'll be fine. If not, you might do irreversible damage to the jersey.

Another thing to be aware of is a silhouette. If the jersey is fairly old, the numbers might leave a slightly darker silhouette behind from sunlight and just overall wear.

I had my Battalion jersey professionally stripped. Came out perfectly, you can't tell there was ever a different number on there.

Does anyone know if the Red Wings used ultrafil material in their regular jerseys during the 91-92 season? I'm pretty sure it was used for the TBTC vintage style jersey, but I'm not sure about their regular ones.

Does anyone know if the Red Wings used ultrafil material in their regular jerseys during the 91-92 season? I'm pretty sure it was used for the TBTC vintage style jersey, but I'm not sure about their regular ones.

I believe the last time they wore ultrafil was for the '89-'90 season.

• 2 months later...

Follow up question to this thread. Brilliant says the Wings went to air knit for the 90-91 season. However, they had the TBTC jersey for 91-92. Given that the TBTC jersey is ultrafil, are the regular jerseys that season ultrafil or air-knit. I ask because I have ultrafil and air-knit jersey regular non-TBTC jerseys, and I want to know what one to put the NHL 75th anniversary patch on.

Detroit stopped using ultrafil in after the 1989-90 season. Then, they made the jump to air-knit and have been there ever since. If you have an ultrafil Wings jersey with the shield on it, bravo. They're very hard to find. Does it have the Eastside tag in the collar? Most do.

Detroit stopped using ultrafil in after the 1989-90 season. Then, they made the jump to air-knit and have been there ever since. If you have an ultrafil Wings jersey with the shield on it, bravo. They're very hard to find. Does it have the Eastside tag in the collar? Most do.

I have both the red and white jerseys in ultrafil. They both have the CCM logo, with the NHL gold shield on the hem, but neither have the Eastside tag.

This is the red one: http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2989 (its now a Probert)

The white one (its now an Yzerman)

img6060j.jpg

I should also add that I paid < $200 combined for both these jerseys. I've seen these same jerseys posted on ebay for $500+ each from some sellers. It pays to be patient, good deals do come around from time to time.

Oh wow; those are incredibly rare. They even have the tilted wheel on the front. The year after, it was turned upwards more to have the tip of the wing higher up on the breast. Those are sweet. Hang onto them. The size should be written onto the Maska tag too, right? I don't think those had the little size fly tags.